Pedal recommendation

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sridhar11_2, Feb 12, 2006.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Ok people. I really want a set of pedals to satisfy me. Right now i already have a Boss DS-1 which is working out great for my needs right now but i was thinking of adding either a TS-7 or a TS-9 reissue ( i'm leaning towards the TS-7) or if there's any other pedal you could reccomend to go along side. For wah i actually want the Crybaby 535q and a Rocktron Black Cat Moan but the only thing you get here is the Classic GCB-95 crybaby. I actually dont like Boss pedals too much for some reason and anyway they're costly.
    To basically have a whole pedal board within a small budget the logical choice is Danelectro pedals which has good reviews and sounds good from the clips i heard and also the Behringer pedals which (some are basically cheap boss copies) are also cheap + good reviews. But problem is they're not available here.:mad:

For immediate purposes i was looking for overdrive and wah pedal. So suggest away!!

2. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

hey TS -7 not bad pedal incase u want u can go in for the Marshall Blues Breaker for the wah u can try Digitech Jimi Hendrix pedal , I recently heard a guy using it in live show & the sound was'nt bad ...

3. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

LUV the looks of that one
    but is its sound upto its looks?

4. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Yup I was surprised was some one told me its real bad wah but when I heard it it was great ...

5. sridhar11_2

Hows the sound of the TS-7 meaning is it warm , smooth overdirve or crunchy? Same goes for the Bluesbreaker

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I have heard TS7.

It is a great tone pedal. But from what I realised (thanx to Ronnie), it is not meant for stand alone job.
    It would work THE best with a tube amp.
    It will work good if you have one more overdrive pedal.

However, if your intention is just to play clean and slight warm overdrive. Then you may consider it as a standalone pedal.

I love its retractable knobs. Taht way you got no chance of hittign the knob while stomping.

7. sridhar11_2

Is the pedal warm sounding or can it give a lot of crunch or Both?

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I have the TS7 with me which is from the Ninad's friend's store. He sent it to me for trial. You can come over and check it up. In case you like it, you can pick this up. All transactions details will be with Ninad.

TS7 is amazingly smooth and has a mind blowing tone. I haven't played the TS9 or TS808 or any of the Tubescreamer clones, so can't really compare. But this one is really good.

For Wah, I suggest you get a Vintage Thomas Organ Crybaby and get it modded by Geoffrey Teese. It will work out almost the same price as the other Wah but this one has one of the best sweeps a Wah could get. Or try Vox V847.

Anyway you liked the Jacques Tube Blower. You can pick that out as well. Also look at Jekyll and Hyde by Visual Sound. It has a TS808 clone + a Distortion. It's two pedals in one box.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey Ninad you know the Bajaao person?

10. grabasstic_man

grabasstic_man New Member

Hey do not underestimate the power of Crybaby classic GCB-95. The best wah pedal out at the moment is Crybaby classic with fasel. These Models are called GCB-95F and basically its a red fasel inducer which is added to the original circuit of GCB-95. I own a GCB-95F and before i got it i tested a heap of wah pedal. The wah clearly stands out compared to pedals like vai bad horsey and the dime bag pedal. Whats more I recently saw Satriani live when he came to play in my town and he has the crybaby classic in his pedal board !!!

Check out the pictures here. This is a pic of satriani pedal board

https://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2060941700093292188IptRdo

11. sridhar11_2

first of all ou're a lucky bastard.:mad:
    Anyway you sure its the 95 and not the 535q? cause thats what he generally uses. I'm now looking for that SRV wah man...gotta get me a Vox wah pedal. My behringer is pretty decent too you know i can get that burning of the midnight lamp sound perfect..
    Satriani is working with vox to bring out a line of pedals. Now i'd love to have a Satch Vox wah.

I kinda solved the overdrive pedal problem with a digitech bad monkey. Now i sold the DS-1 and i'm looking to replace it with either a Hot Head or a Screaming Blues pedal...any suggestions anyone?

12. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

There is this Chinese co. called Cherub that makes Boss copies, like Behringer. They sell their pedals at Furtado's in Bombay.
    In case budget is no object, Analogman does some of the best TS and other mods in the business. There's a great interview of him on the ToneQuest Report site.

13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Also look at GLX Pedals. These are Boss Clones and are constructed solid too...........