pedal or effect processor ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zohaib, Oct 4, 2004.

1. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

pls do tell me that whats the difference b/w pedal and effect processor ??
    and which one is preferable !!!

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Pedals are individual units which produce single effects and amp simualations..
    Processors combin all features of many Pedals..

Preference , I would go for Pedals cause of their Sound.. SOund Options to be more clear..

3. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

Buy individual pedals - they're more expensive than a multi-effects pedals but well worth it. I've got a Zoom 707 and I absolutely hate the thing. It has whatever I want but not at the levels I need it at. If I could do it again I'd gladly get the individual pedals.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Individual Pedals period.

Individual Pedals might be more expensive but you get that clear tone you hear in those records. A multi FX kind of has all the effects you are looking at but you can tweak around with them much like the individual pedals. I had a Korg AX100G. I have replaced it with MXR 104 Distortion +, Boss BD2 Blues Driver, Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie, Korg PEQ1 Parametric Equalizer and Arion Compressor. The effect is limited now but the sound is just good and just right. I just use the MXR stand alone to get that dark and crisp Black Sabbath tone like in Paranoid. Now I use the Korg AX100G as a tuner and metronome. That helps ;)