Pedal, distortion or processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by born2tab, Feb 9, 2006.

1. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Hi ,
    This thread might sound very stupid but i wud request u all to pump in the max amount of ur knowledge into this thread and help me out.
    I have been playing guitar for the past 2 - 3 years and currently i own 4 guitars and one stranger Cube20 amp.

But now i want to evolve more and wud like to reproduce music of the Led Zepplin and the Iron Maiden kind...

But then I have no knowledge how to do that...

I have heard of procesors , pedals and distortion..

Can somebody explain all these to me and recommend the best suited to me , mentioning along with ,the price range of all.

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

If you are in Bangalore. Call me up and come to my jam room someday. I will explain you pedals, processors and distortions with demos. Hearing it and playing it is better than 100,000 discussions.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ GR8.

Ronnieanand has both pedals and processors.
    That will allow you to check and decide which suits you more.

b.t.w. disotrtion is an effect.

Pedal and processors are tools to produce that.

4. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Ok ronnie,
    Right now m a lil busy with ma project delivery.I have ya number.Will try to call u as soon as possible.
    Anyway thanx for the invitation buddy...really thanx a lot.
    Will definitely come to ya jammin room someday.

5. Sprocket

Sprocket New Member

Hey

Hey Ronnie,

I've been a lurker long enough, just wanted to know if you'd take the raincheck on this offer. I've been playing guitar for a while now, thinking of buying a processor, but then again I'm caught up with the dilemma of whether to buy a processor(Zoom G1) or a Stomp Box(Boss DS-1) .... I generally play Classic Rock stuff, but also would like to get a little more heavier.

PS. I'm from Bangalore, ex-Pecos regular so I really associate with your IGT signature :)

Cheers,

Sprocket

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Try a Line 6 processor. Works well with pretty much different kinds of music..Great tone too...They have cheap ones like Bean to far more expensive Line 6 POD XT Pro Rack. See whatever fits your budget and go for it...