Pedal Board Idea

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Sep 29, 2004.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    I have some individual pedals like MXR Distortion, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive, Delay (soon to be added). I want to set up a compact but sturdy pedal board which holds these pedals intact and also has a power supply to feed all the pedals. I might add a few more pedals. So at least three more extra slots for these. Any ideas of how to get such a thing custom made :nw:

I wanna fix this up soon.

:rock:

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Contact Pro Musicals in Chennai.. They'll do it for you.. And they do the best..

3. ronnieanand

Any idea, how much do they charge for the pedal board.

4. jayanth

Ok the casing will cost somewhere around 750Rs.. so all in all it should be within 2500Rs.

5. ronnieanand

They do include power supply also for all the pedals right. How is the board powered. I hope they will give good quality power supplies to all the pedals. I dont wanna screw up the pedals for a pedal board. Anyway I will check with ProMusicals. Any pointers in Bangalore.

6. jayanth

Bangalore?? Reynolds.. But dont go for it.. Anyways you can customize that board to your specs inch by inch.. and also Acoustic Control used to do this in Bangalore.. I can get you their info..

7. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

acoustic controls? where?

8. jayanth

Bangalore Where else??

9. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

off topic: jayanth you play CS? :beer:

10. jayanth

@ Stick To Topic.. I'm a total CS and CZ freak..

11. ronnieanand

Hey Jayanth,
    Please get me the info about Acoustic Control. Wanna get the pedal board done soon.

12. jayanth

Call me?? PLease.. I wil give out the info..

13. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

or you could try to build your own
    never tried it but its definately cheaper than ordering a custom pedalbord

14. ronnieanand

I have been thinking about making my own. I have no clue as where to start. What should be the material of the board and how do I fix these pedals. And what about the power supply. I thought getting it done in wood by giving the details to a carpenter.

15. jayanth

Ha.. I dont think you should risk that Ronnie.. I would suggest you dont worry about the hole in your soul(pocket actually).. So go for Pro Musics..

16. ronnieanand

Hey Jayanth,
    I called up Acoustic Control and they said that they were never making Pedal Boards. They gave me the contact of Lewis & Sons and they also weren't making it. No idea where to go now. I have 5 pedals and a single adaptor. All are messed up. Need a board very bad. Any other options in Bangalore.

17. jayanth

No man.. Call up Sudhin @ Pro Musicals.. Acoustic Control were doing it when they were into making money out of it.. Now they are totally a Sound Providers..

18. ronnieanand

Talked to Reynolds too..... They dont do it also. They were even wondering why would I need a pedal board. Sad.... Aren't there anybody in Bangalore to do a pedal board. It's so pathetic.