Paroshpathor: podmar katha

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by sibabrata, Oct 20, 2005.

1. sibabrata

sibabrata New Member

I am not sure if this was requested earlier... can you guys help me with the chords of Padmar katha by the Bangla band Paroshpathor?

2. deb7sk

deb7sk New Member

Chords of Padma by Parashpathar

Song: Padma
    Singer and Composer: Parashpathar

E||---------------------------------------------------------------------|
    B||-----------------------------------------------------------------8---|
    G||----5—5—5--|----7----7--7—7—8p7-|--7p5—5—5----------|
    D||---------------------------------------------------------------------|
    A||---------------------------------------------------------------------|
    E||---------------------------------------------------------------------|

C----------------------------------------------------F------
    Padma’r katha koila bandhu koila meghna rupashi
    F
    Shona magher hashi dila, hath baraiya hath-o dila
    F-----------------C-----------
    Tabu koinya nam koila na

Bb------------------------------------------------F--
    Abar jodi ashi koinya tomar ranga dash-ete
    F------------------------------------------------------Bb--
    Hath baraiya niyo koinya, tomar shona pashete
    F----------------C---------
    Tabu koinya na koio na

C-------------------------------------------------------F--
    Koibo re koibo re bandhu nadi’r katha koibo re
    F-------------------------------------------------------C----------------
    Majhi’r katha paran byatha, chand-er tol-e pradip jwale na
    C—Bb-----------------------------------------------------F------------
    Oooo Bandhu tomar gaan-er katha amar kache kanta(?) re
    F-------------------C----------------F--
    Taito bandhu naam koilam na re
    F------------------C---------------
    Taito bandhu naam koilam na

*Note: Once again, I heard this song for the first time today as music file and found a request for the chords at the same time!! Quite a coincidence. Well, this song brought back quite a few good old memories of my jadavpur days when ayanda and anindyada of parashpathar (it was in its budding stage back in 1994-97) used to sing these songs almost all the time at AC canteen on campus. I remember strumming my guitar with them on a couple of occassions, but then I do not even remember the chords that I played (or rather what they asked me to play). Anyways, I have tried to get the correct chord structure (and also the intro lead portion). The song seems to be quite easy. However, any comments/advice/corrections to this are more than welcome. Sibabrata, I hope this serves your purpose.

3. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Great !!

Great job deb....the chords are perfect....though i played it on D/G/C...due to my singer..who has a very very high pitch....

But the intro needs a little bit of correction as some double notes should be added/modified...as i remember the lead was played on a 12 string guitar by rishi...the lead infact was taken from "momo chitte..." the famous rabindrasangeet....anyway...all in all...job very well done...if you can post the chords & leads of prohori,megher bou also...if i get the time..i'll post then...but in the meantime if you can..do post these also....

With Regards,
    Arindam Ray.

4. deb7sk

deb7sk New Member

Thanks

Thanks once again Arindam.
    I realised that I skipped out a good portion of the intro. The part I tabbed in was the easy part (momo chitte as you had pointed). However, not having enough time is the biggest impediment that I have (like a lot of other people, I believe) to figure out challenging riffs. But I promise to try. amar kache prohori'r mp3 file-ta ache, but I do not have megh-er bou! egulo charao I have several hindi songs (old kishore/rd combinations) which I would like to post, but only after I get a chance to work on them. Thanks a lot to you once again for boosting my morale