Pantera as we didn't know

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ronnieanand, Aug 30, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    Not sure if you guys know it but it came out a real big surprise to me.

Pantera was originally a hair metal band inspired by Kiss, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, etc.. The original line up was
    Dimebag Darrell - Guitars
    Rex - Bass
    Vinnie Paul - Drums
    Terry Glaze - Vocals

Happened to hear their album "Projects In The Jungle". The vocalist sounds like Def Leppards Joe Elliot on Steroids. Otherwise they were pretty much Def Leppard sounding expecially the On Through The Night and High n Dry era of Def Leppard. Not a bad album at all. I guess this formula flopped out and that's why they tried their hand at Thrash with a new vocalist Phil Anselmo. Dimebag has his trademark agressive sound but the guitar tone is kinda close to Randy Rhoads and you can see a lot of Eddie Van Halen influence in his playing. Pantera is one hell of a versatile band.

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah ... i have heard their earlier albums ... it sound almost like Kill Em All - MEtallica. .. somwhere down the line they changed their music style ...

3. ronnieanand

At least Projects In The Jungle didn't sound that way. Its closer to Def Leppard and Guns n Roses than to Metallica. Which album are you talking about.

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

will havta listen to 'em ... was one the initial ones ... released in eighties ...
    CD at home ... :p: ...

5. ronnieanand

Are you talking about Cowboys From Hell.

6. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Man,..... cowboys from hell dont sound metallica-like,..... for sure!!

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Pantera Rrrrruuulllzzzzz!!!!

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

no ... from Cowboys onwards their style changed to waht we know them for ... it was before tah .. will chekc out all of em at home ...