Pak music videos... wat do u think?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by #iR@, Nov 5, 2005.

1. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

mmmmm...... ok....now i just saw strings' new video : MERA BICHARA YAAR which i am still wondering wat it is about! :eek:: so i just felt like starting a thread about ur opinion on the videos that r being made today in pakistan! do u see them as GOOD work or are these video directors still not on the right path! ok for example: mera bichara yaar ki video had a VERY nice set if u ask me but there was just 1 camera movement and there was no story line as far as u ask me (maybe i didn't get it) but still the director used such colours and such a set which was really catchy (the ones who have seen it might know wat i am talking about) :)so wat do u guys say about this video and overall about the videos made today in pakistan? :think:

btw the director of this video is UMAR ANWAR (director of aadat, waqt, kahani mohabat ki and jhuki jhuki) he always comes put wid different stuff! :)

2. shak

shak Harrr!

well .. to be honest i havent seen many "recent" pakistani videos to make a proper judgment ... but from what i have seen i can say that yes .. the quality has imporoved alot .. i mean .. when i used to be in pak .. the latest video i saw was sir kiye yay pahar by bilal maqsood lot .. it was very bland ... very very bland and even daft at some places ..
    but now the videos seem to have taken a huge leap forward ..
    i have been watching a few videos .. and i can defintley see a very strong emphasis on getting hte colours right and getting the video to "look good" .. but the themes and the story lines are very much the same .. a girl a guy .. a bit of comedy perhaps .. here and there .. no breathtaking use of technology (except the one from hadiqa kiyanee .. the matrix inspired one! .. lol that was funny) ..
    the camera work has improved considerably .. and that is beacue i reckon we have got more youth into direction and filming now .. and well obvoiously .. since now we have approach to good recording equipment ,,
    in a nutshell ... there is an improvemnt .. but not enuff to make me raise my eyebrows .. still a long way to go .. and still a need to get rid of the orthodox story lines and old traditional themes ...

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

should no this be in the music talk forum???

wel paki video

i watched string n jals videos if they r paki video they r nice ones

4. #iR@

@ spy....... srry man...... i was confused where to post it myself... so i posted it here :eek:: atleast i didn't post it in some INDIAN FORUMS! :) :eek::

@ shaurkh.... thanks for the reply..... and YEA HADIQA's video was FUNNY! :p: u better chk out ali azmat's na re na if u haven't..... ONE OF MY FAV. videos!

5. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

hey can u give or pm the link for the strings new video plz

6. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

well.....in my view the paki music industry is still a BACHI as compared to other industries....and the music has only just now starting to improve the same goes for the video...ther have been quite a few weird videos going abot for the the strings chaya chaye...didnt go witht eh sonmg at all ...but awesome sets and camera angles...then theres jal's teri yaad (couldn,t understand..if they were remerbering a clowm or what)..then mizraabs videos.....yup i agre with shahrukh that the qualtiy has increased and the no. of concepts also....but still the indudtry has to go a loang way to make world class videos....but if the current trend goes on then probably (who knows) in 10 years time paki industry would compete with western artists!!!!!!!!!!

7. shak

shak Harrr!

oh the na re na video .. is that the one in which ali azmat is in a tub and under water? if thats that .. then yeah it IS an AWESOME video .. i like that as well..

8. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

well paki music videos.. offcourse they are stilll in a developing state... if we go back to sayonee's video.. we see the quality difference... video quality wise they have developed a lot.. but as shahrukh said.. the concepts are still same.. we see new talents daily experimenting with something... and thats gonna change.. like ali azmats na re na.. i love that one..

but some of the concepts in videos pass over my head.. does anyone remember Paniyon mein By Sajjad Ali.. if some one does please explain me that vdo..

9. dashingmoiz

dashingmoiz New Member

U can download this VDO or any other from PakMusic.com but, only after registration that is free!

10. aysh

yeah i have an acct on pakmusic but i think they havent put up the video yet .. only some pics

11. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

pakistani VDOs r surely improving as bros rizaaaj n shahrukh said....the music video industry has made a dramatic change in these 3-4 years.... btw.....u guyz wanna watch a VDO.?? watch EP's Aghosh, ali azmat's deewana and na re na....simply awesome!!

12. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

@shahr.....that one is garaj baras.....na re na is th eone in which he is in a coma..

13. shak

shak Harrr!

i see .. thnks .. :)

14. #iR@

WOW..... mmmmmm...... so i'll reply to all of u one by one :eek::

@ nemo... the video is not even on their site yet and i really don't prefer downloading videos (they take too much space :annoyed: ) so..... i really can't tell u where u can find it. u can catch it on the musik if u want

@ m_waleed... agree wid u man...... but still if u actually compare the videos from the past and aj kal ki videos there is a HUGEEE change! i mean NOW THE VIDEOS ROCK!!!mmmmmm......well if u don't agree then...

VIDEO of FRAUDIYEA by awaz compare it wid MAHI VE by faakhir! the concept is PRETTY much the same..wid the dancing on stage and the gurl doing something STUPID in the end...but there is a HELLLLLLL of a difference.... but OFCOURSE there is a LONGGG way to goo!

@ sharukh & waleed...that's exactly the video waleed told u about....BUT STILL WONDERING HOW DID WALEED FIGURE OUT THAT ALI was in the COMA???? :think: he could be in an OT!

@ rizaaj .... na re na is MY FAV video tooooo!!!:) lol.. anyway..... well..... nice song but yea i agree the video doesnot make any sense..... but ofcourse u DO get the IDEA that the banda is DEAD and HE WANTS EVERYONE TO KNOW THE REALITY!!!!!hehe :eek:: i HOPE that made sense!

@har1's....i'll add to the list....HAMESHA by ep! and yea... ANJANEY by strings (had some EXCELLENT shots done by jami ofcourse!) :)

phewwwww........ done wid everyone........ any more views?? :think:

15. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

i like the videos of i k din ayega by jal

n also chai by strings

strings videos r really nice ones

adaat by jal ie the video was not that good
    that song deserved a better video

woh lumhay was not bad at all

hmmm
    what more paki video

there is EP videos they r not so bad

i think pakis videos r getting better

so b optimist we gonna get better videos sooon

16. #iR@

@ spy..... i don't think that aadat actually needed an OUTSTANDING video :eek:: i mean i think UMAR ANWAR did a prettyy good job cause that was the video that got him started in this field..... and his work is pretty decent! i liked adat ki video... i mean looking at the lyrics some other director would make a freaking gurl guy video at the end of the day! :eek:: but that's just my opinion...... and yea man.... i personally luv strings ki videos but it doesn't make sense to most ppl really don't know why... ANJANEY ki video was EXCELLENT and so was hai koi hum jaisa ki :p :p:

17. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

umer anwars VDOs hav almost the same concept....like in aaadat...the guy is sitting on the becnh, thinkin...n is sad.....in waqt.....xulfi....is just sittin there...no extravagant shots....in kahani mohabbat ki....the same thing....bilal and faisal r just sittin...

well....lahoris... PS: lol na re na VDO was made at heera mandi... :p: :p:

18. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

did anyone actually get the video of Anjane by Strings??

19. aysh

mera bichhraa yar video is wasted !

20. vikramk

vikramk New Member

Kahani mohabbat ki is the classic one. Woh lamhey is also a good but quite old concept but deserves by good picturization. i like the song Ik din aayega and teri yaad by JAL.

Getgoing....