PAINTINGS;; how many understand????

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhimanjrekar, Dec 9, 2005.

1. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

Paintings:: this is one thing i dont understand till today...

few months back,i had been to a painting exhibitoin......and people wer movin here and ther lookin at the paintings.....each would stand in front of a painting and look for hrs....

and the height was ther was a painting sold for 5 lacs.....all it had was a BLACK HORSE EATING A GRASS................kya hain paintings main jo they sell for such huge bucks....i don get it even today..........neone interested in my painting with me playing my guitar????? come on we can bargain....... :p:

2. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

the man who buys the painting find something special in it
    EG
    mona lisa its not good painting its just that leonardo said that it was his best painting
    and we cannot surely say if she simling or crying

3. shak

shak Harrr!

its just a matter of appeal and havin a taste for that stuff ...
    secondly, buying art, and showing interest in expensive paintings is what makes you posh .. and in high circles you ought to have an expensive painting hanging on your wall to host a dinner party ... ridiculous ..but thats how it goes .. rich people's hobby .. poor painters bread ... it works .. so why should we complain ..

4. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

There is a joke:

A young girl goes to a painting exhibition with her little brother. She was an avid art lover and was going through all the paintings paying much attention. Suddenly seeing a painting her little bro who silent till then exclaimed 'Wow what a great painting!' The girl taken aback by the comment couldnt belive he understood the painting and asked him. 'How did u understood that this painting is about the complexity of human life?'

Her bro replied "Oh! iS it? I thought it was the picture of a Jalebi "
    ^^^

So i guess understanding a painting differs from person to person. Sumone may see the complexity of life and sum1 else may see a JALEBI ...... :p: :p:

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

maybe i would also stand in front of some modern art stuff..coz thats something usually oht for me :)

6. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

someone interested in buying this modern art with all copyrights?? :secret:

Attached Files:

7. shak

shak Harrr!

yup .. would you accpet the IGT currency ?? (points) .. how many? .. lets make IGT's first virtual sale ..

8. itwasnoteasy

ha ha :gather: that's so nice of you shahrukh :)
    welll why dont we really try putting some painting competition kind of stuff. but then who'll make sure they themselves have made the drawings everyone is not as bad at drawing as me.
    well. for this painting let me put min. bid: 50 points now start bidding i'll sell this hmm... sunday morning 10.00AM IST. :beer:

9. shak

shak Harrr!

aah ..50 .. get serious mate .. i'll pay 1000 .. hows that? outbid me now :p @rest
    by the way .. i made a painting couple of months ago .. and few sketches .. i think i'll post them here .. they aint bad you know ..lets see..first i need to dust the old scanner ..

10. itwasnoteasy

that would be good to see some new stuff here. another artist group. and blend of all skills. do scan and post them soon

11. shak

shak Harrr!

already did .. see the thread .. "artwork thread"

12. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

totally agree wid u man... 2 years ago my english teacher told me tht there was a paintin made by Picasso... n it was like just a wavy line with a huge dot in between it... just as simple as tht....n it got sold for around 1 million $ ! ... well i dont like these paintings n sruff...i like the pencil made portraits...and cartoons more... (pencil made stuff basically)