Painting Stompbox

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Jun 27, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    I completed my ABY Switch with everything done at last. I painted it Dark Blue with DuPont Automotive Paint. Used Electro Harmonix 3PDT Switch for True Bypass switching. It works absolutely clean and noiseless. I didn't know how to print the name of pedal and also the other things like A, B, Y etc.. I hand painted the letter with Enamel Paint and it kinda screwed it up because the letter were not well writted and also it slants. I want to know if there are any better ways to print the letters on the Stompbox. I dont want Sticker because they might just come off.
    The pedal looks like a MXR pedal. Will show you the pics shortly.

2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

how much did it cost u?

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

stencils are the est option if ur going to hand paint...

else just go to any decent artist and theyd do a good job - im sure one of ur friends is into painting anmd all - he/she will do it for no cost im sure...

4. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

I am really curious about what kind of casing did you use for the stompbox.

I have been thinking about building stompboxes for a while now and it would be really helpful if you have any info on how much the parts(knobs, jacks, power supplies etc.) would cost. I have some ideas about the circuitry that I'd like to try out.

Was the casing metal, or will wood do?

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I imported most of the stuffs. The 3PDT switch costs about $10, the stompbox chasis is the standar Hammond boxes which are used by all boutique pedal manufacturers and also by MXR. They cost about $15. Check out Hammond 1590BB. Ovre this I hd to pay shipping for all these things. The jacks and LEDs are from a local shop.

Check out Small Bear Electronics. I bought all the things from them. They ship it to Inida.

6. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

printing

Hi Ronnie, Nice to know your switch is done. About the print, I could give you some idea. My company provides car DVD players to Volvo, and I had to get an amplifier unit with FM tuner and Mic input designed to fit into the dash. I got it screen printed, and the quality is absolutely amazing, its oven baked etc so you can't scratch it off too.

First, you need to get someone to make a print layout for you in eps or pdf format. If you don't know anyone who can do this for you, you can take it to the printer and tell him what you want printed in which font etc, and he will do it for you himself. He then makes a screen and makes prints out of that. He will charge 250 bucks whether you print one or a hundred. This guy's name is Sashidhar (Guru Enterprises), he is in JP Nagar, if you go down Banerghatta Road and take a right at the Mandovi Motors service centre, its about 200 mts from there.

Let me know if you are interested and I can refer you to him.

Sanjiv