Ouch, my fingers !!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by DJCrunkMix, Nov 4, 2005.

1. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

Hey guys,

I have been playing a lot since one month and my fingers have become hard and rough. The skin is rippin' out and my middle finger is about to bleed. I cant feel the tip of the fingers on my left hand. Did this happened to anyone ? I got my guitar last year, but I actually started learning chords and strumming since last month. I probably need a break.. what do you guys suggest ?

2. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

u have to go thro this..even my fingers experienced tht......but don take a break....go thro it...no gain without pain..llolzz....

3. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

yes its all in the game ! :) It does happen initially -- u loose ur skin and the tougher, more adaptive one replaces (unless ofcourse one is HIV+)

4. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

That happens to everybody, but I never had my finger bleeding because of the strings.

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ehhehe that happens with everyone! you go through some tiny weeny pain initially but be proud of it!:grin: and thats one way you can show off that you do play guitar!:grin:
    and later on you get used to it and the finger tips become numb and wont feel much pain there.....nor heat! however..... my skin hasnt been through the condition of peeling of n blood flowing out!:RollLol: but clots!

be sure that you change the accoustic strings once it gets rusted n old!that easily leads to such problems!

6. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

ohhh..... i remember wen my fingures got cuts and all.... but it's all chill cause it happens to everyone! and yea...... the more it gets rougher the BETTER it is... cause playing the guitar becomes easier i mean.... wen u r playing there r less chances of playing fretted chords! anyway.... don't worry it will be fine.. and yea... it just hurts for lke a little while then it becomes fine! :)

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

bleeding is stretching it a bit...take a break for few days......it will help ur fingers recuperate...and whats more those tiny breaks also let your skills improve BELIEVE me...whenever u go into that lull where things just dont happen, a short break ALWAYS helps....take a break........let ur skin under go callous formation

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Listen to this advice. Seriously.

9. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:shock: Bleeding?? It never happened to me. I didn't have any problem with my finger ever. Only the skin sometime peeled off. That's a minimal thing. :)

I suggest, put a bandage and play harder this time..:p:

nIK!:)

10. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

my fingerz are Comfortably Numb...they used to bleed now the mask is no more the skin is rough the skin is tough i can go on playing for like 5 hours and no pain NO NO NO PAIN!!! so keep on practicing and the same will happen to u...

11. u got it

don''t worry it is quite normal ,just put some mosturizer before sleep on ur tips and if severe suspend ur playing for a day or two, and keep massaging the finger tips ,do take break while playing, and when ur fingers start hurting don;t worry they wont bleed at all costs i underwent the same experience but never had bleeding.

contact me if u need more help

12. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

meh...

meh... aight, I got this :aggre:

I guess I bled coz my fingers are like girls :p: I think I am gonna learn some theory till my fingers are aight :Lighten:

Thanks everyone for comfortin me :), you guys are awesome :rock:

13. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

u shd practise and practise...
    but shd stop when ur fingers start hurting..too much..

14. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

(at the start) once my skin peeled off my thumb and started bleeding coz while strumming my thumb used to rub with the strings......other than that the the skin (om my fingures)used to peel of ......Now no probs!!!

15. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

do as the doc told.....

16. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

u gona experience some pain at first

but later the tips will get some harder layer of skin

ie ur finger tips wil b badly damnaged at fist but later on tough layers will appear

u can then slide on any string with no great pain ;)

17. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Yeah...after some time, there wont be much pain. I take pride in having those wonderful lines on my fingers. It could be that bassists have more of the pain.... IMO.

18. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Let em bleed
    it washes your soul and make your mind focussed

19. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

heh, tell me about it.

20. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

if its really that bad then u shud rest it a little. but plz check and see if your ACTION is a bit too high. if it is, get it bettered and change your strings.