original guitar solo

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by tanmoy, Mar 2, 2008.

1. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

hey friends
    i have composed a guitar solo called dreamzzz
    please visit https://www.betarecords.com/tanmoy
    listen to it
    and post ur comments on the composition and my guitarin'

instrument : Acoustic guitar
    recordin' instrument : A single Mic
    recording software : Reaper
    Progression : A9 F#m7 Bm7 E7

Saptashaw likes this.
  2. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Nice and Simple. Pechone metronome-ta record hoyechhe bole ektu odd laagchhe shunte. Headphone-e shune record korle ei problem-ta hoto naa. Ektu extend koro. Etake thik full-fledged composition bola jaay naa. Aar bass track jeta rekhechho, ota-ke kono plugin diye ek octave naamiye dile bhalo hoto, clash kore gechhe onek jaayga-y. Otherwise, a good start. Nice choice of chords.

3. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

amar headphone ar mic ek songe :sad:

valo ekta mic kinbo vabchi
    kichu suggestion dite parbe?

4. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Ota to Sayan better bolte parbe. Vocal-e SM-58 khub-i bhalo mic.

5. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Headphone aar mic eksathe hole-o to metronome aasha uchit noy. Tumi ki single-track korechho? Multi-track recorder-e record korle metronome chaliye mic-take guitar-er moddhe insert kore record koro, tahole clicks aashbe naa. Tarpor metronome off kore guitar follow kore gao. Aar jodi single-track recorder use koro, tahole kono aalada visual metronome use koro.

6. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

For starters, very nice work. Keep it up.

Get a good multi-track recorder software, it helps in many ways. Not only can you isolate your tracks and add lots of layers to your music, but you can also enhance it using VST effects and instruments, and mix and master more efficiently.
    While recording a guitar its best to follow the guitar -> effects -> amp chain and mic the amp. sheta possible na hole plug in the the effects processor direct into the computer, and if your processor has amp sim, turn it on and tweak it.

7. sayantan_guha

sayantan_guha New Member

jayswami wrote this in another website:

best sound from acoustic is when you mic it,
    the inbuilt pietz pickup of acoustic electric always make it sound clonky and harsh.. and should be used only if your live budget doesnt allow you to ...
    after micing, there are various creative signal processing you can do with your sound, but for the studio a good condensor mic (or 2 for stereo),and a nice pre amp should do the trick for acoustic guitar. the other things to note are...
    one should move the mic around when u r palying to fidn the exact sweet spot to mic... the sweet spot depends on yoru playing style and the instrument itself, it should be a good balance of low end and high end frequencies. If u r stereo micing ( a misnomer in this case as the two mics wont be a true stereo image), then u can get more creative, you can place one mic near the body of the guitar to pic the low ends, and the other mic near the frets to pic higer end and finger sounds.. and then mix the 2 in stereo.

The other thing to note about acoustic guitar micing is always sit and play.. bar stool is the best, and the floor shouldnt be carpeted, but the walls should be padded.. a reflective surface on the floor brightens your sound.. dead walls-bright floor.. winning combination for acoustic guitar..

also from my experience 1-2 week strings are the best for recording. brand new strings are too twangy and old strings too damped.

8. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

thks for all the suggestions
    as of now i use reaper as recordin' s/w
    and i think its quite good for an ameture

9. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Reaper besh bhalo, otate-o bhalo recordings-i hoy. In fact ekbar Strat aar aami ote record-o korechhilam, quite good.

10. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

good work, but you could always better ur work...
    Recording quality ar ektu valo kor. Solo ta aro ektu lengthy hole bhalo lagto. Ar, coordination tao arektu bhalo hoto.... But, very nice try... Keep posting more...

11. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

@sugata da
    otai to co ordination er kono byapar i chilo na :p:
    akai alada kore tinte track record kore mix korechi

12. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^ Well, mixing e problem ache, ekta track age geche to ekta pore. Ami otakei coordination bolte cheyechi. Samjha?? ;)

13. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

haan ota ekta baje prob hoye gache
    asole ei 1st attempt to ...
    porerbar asa kori ar hobe na

14. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

mone hoy tor noy ota soundcard er problem. Latency problem mone hochhe... Buy a good soundcard forurself... Amar ta matro 1k daam but esob dik theke byapok... jake bole 0 latency ;)

15. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

ha ha
    amar to alada sound card i nei
    intel er 945 motherboard otar inbuilt sound card diei kaj chalachhi

16. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

buy a Creative Live 5.1 for urself. Costs only 1k and has 0 latency. Very good for recording purpose...

17. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

chandni te payoa jabe???
    ba kono particular dokan bolte parbe?

18. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Yep, ota chandni price. Go to Computer World in Chandni MArket..

19. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

ASIO4all install kore thik thak kore setting kore dile chaap hobe naa latency-r.

20. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

yeah but installing a sound card is the best option.Bcoz latency isn't the only problem encountered.. I am telling it coz, I had been using onboard soundcard for years. It worked for me well, but after I bought the extra soundcard, I really felt the difference...
    Aro ekta subidha ache... you can use multi soundcards in ur computer (i mean ur onboard one n the new one together.)