Organising Gigs of uprising Rock/Metal Bands!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by aishes, Mar 29, 2005.

1. aishes

aishes New Member

hi Guys

Apart from a guitar player and a proud IGTian I am also a UK businessman. I am considering bringing some new uprising Rock/Metal/Indie bands for an Indian gig tour. I hope to gather somegood artists from Liverpool and India.

What do you guys think of this proposition? Please feel freely to comment, as this is my first such venture.
    Thanks

Hersh

2. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

what sort of Hersh are you.........

and did you mean upcomming bands when you meant uprising bands ?

propositon is pretty good though. i suggest a multi city tour, since most likely no one here would have heard of those "uprising" bands, so a single venue may not be a good idea. instead a string of gigs at fancy clubs/other venues of the top cities.

3. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

i dont get this...
    really
    what do you actually mean by 'upcoming'...

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i dont either - how i goofed up like that.

think i'll take that bit back.

5. aishes

aishes New Member

Upcoming!!!!!

Hi guys
    Thanks for replying anyway! but U guys seem to have picked up on my English rather thn trying to get the idea behind it!

Well, I used upcoming in the sense of uprising, but merely to connote those bands who are extremely talented and have evrything what it takes to strike it BIG. one example is UK band The Darkness, I met them four years ago playing in a local Liverpool pub in front of few boozed off guys and some ****head locals. And guess what Darkness are today! number one! They called themselves 'upcoming'...thats how I picked the prase may be! I made great friends with their original lead vocalist David stringer.

So the idea to get few such band and take them for a multicity Indian tour.And in the process include some Indian bands as wel and may be come out with an album.

What u say now?

ANd yeah Jamhead, Hersh is again anglicised version of Harsh. No numerology involved.

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Darkness in India.??? WHat music they play???