Ordering from music123.com

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhijitnath, Oct 4, 2005.

1. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Does anyone know how much shipping a PodXT Live using Music123 will cost? It costs $400 on the site...how much shipping and/or taxes will be charged? Also how reliable is their shipping..please let me know. The dealer in Mumbai is quoting Rs. 28000 which is almost 10k more than the US cost. Btw in London where I am right now its for £ 400 which is much more than in India!!

2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

u can check the shipping price 2 in music 123...just click on " ADD 2 Cart " and then search for the calculate shipping charges column...
    oh btw i think zzounds will give u a much cheaper price...not sure bout it

3. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

it sayz 40$ more till delhi !!

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I checked on zzounds as well...they dont ship to India unfortunately:-(
    It says $105 for the worldwie shipping ..hmm
    If i can work Sun Media down to 22kish I think I'll buy it in India
    thanks everyone

Has anyone shipped from them earlier?

5. .:VinAY:.

.:VinAY:. New Member

naah...im plannin to get one from another site...do these shipping charges include the custom duty??Also will we havto go to the docks to get it cleared?

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

The best bet is if you have someone visiting the US..he can take the delivery and get it for you...for a $400 item paying $ 30-40 for shipping should be ok too(how much is shipping to britain?)..India will have inflated prices due to customs ..dont think the seller will reduce that much..

7. .:VinAY:.

its 70$ on one of the sites...u think it includes customs?

8. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

na i dont think it includes customs. my parents got down my guitar from Singapore with absolutely no hassles(no questions asked).

My suggestion is to ask someone to get it down for you from the States.

9. .:VinAY:.

umm did ur parents get it in cabbin baggage or luggage??(cos luggage will require casing too)

10. chintan9

cabin baggage i think. No probs whatsoever.

11. .:VinAY:.

cool!Im plannin to buy one from Canada too and i was wonderin if i shud arrange for the casing...but nsince u say it shudnt be a prob :)

Im trying to check up with the airlines too tho

12. chintan9

You wont need a hard case da. I got this cool Warwick Rockbag with my ibanez Rg and it kicks ass. Soft cases are the best!!!!!!!

13. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@chintan9 which RG u got?

14. .:VinAY:.

the hard casing wouldv been reqd if i was putting it in luggage bro

15. chintan9

Ibanez RG370DX black (2005)

16. chintan9

oh ya thats true

17. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

be a man, do the right thing.

18. .:VinAY:.

huh :shock:

Nwyz jus wanted to let u kno tht i got myself an Ibanez PF5CE.My uncle got it as a part of Cabin Baggage.He was flying Lufthansa.He din hav ne probs wad so ever at Toronto but the India Airlines guys at Frankfurt did make a fuss abt not letting it in as cabbin baggage but my uncle managed to push thru after a prolonged debate(luckily!!).The guy at the Bbay customs did question him a bit but he din have many probs he as a NRI so he told them tht everything on him is for personal use and tht he'L be taking it back along with him ;)