Opinions wanted: Electric Guitar with Keith Wyatt

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by enigma, Dec 26, 2004.

1. enigma

enigma New Member

Hi folks. I am a complete newcomer to the world of guitars. My Fender electric guitar came with a tutorial DVD, "Getting Started on Electric Guitar with Keith Wyatt". I wanted to know what the pros here think about this tutorial. Is it good for absolute beginners?

I can't even get past the introductory chapter where he teaches basic finger positioning and movement and I've been trying for over a week. :eek:: :mad:

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Have no idea, think tutorial DVD's suck, just my opinion. Fender's good though.

3. tejas

tejas ..........

Yup, i dun think Tutorial DVD's are much help either. Actual,live teaching is what helps. I think u should take classes, no matter how good the DVD is. The effect is something else.

4. enigma

enigma New Member

Unfortunately thats not possible at all. I am overworked on weekdays as it is :insane: and don't feel like spending weekends on guitar classes. Thought it would be great if I could learn from good online tutorials and videos.

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Atleast to get the basics right dude you need classes, then you can learn on your own for the most part. I took classes for 3 months and now i'm entirely on my own and doing quite well for myself.

6. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

hey enigma , all you have to do is , dun follow the promotional materials given to you free with the guitar , just buy some basic chord or guitar books orelse search the web for basic information and keep going ,.,. it will help you better ...

keep rocking :rockon:

7. mani_rawalpindi

mani_rawalpindi GUNS AND GUITARS

Do it yourself man

8. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

take classes man..from a good guitar shop or any 1 u know who can play a guitar well