"OP Nayyar",The Musical Genius is no more.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vini, Jan 29, 2007.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Sadly on a website like IGT which thrives on Music has threads about Bigg Boss but nothing about the undisputed King of Melody, Mr. O.P. Nayyar's Death! He died of a cardiac arrest at a hospital in Mumbai on Sunday afternoon. He was 81. Nayyar composed melodies of musical hit films like: Naya Daur, Kashmir ki kali, CID, Howrah Bridge and a zillion more.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...hythm_O_P_Nayyar_dead/articleshow/1502484.cms

May the Legend rest in peace..

2. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

That's a really disheartening news. He brought a new touch to Indian music back in his time and surely one of the legends.

May his soul rest in Peace.

3. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

sad.
    may his soul RIP.

4. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

I dint like his kinda music...
    Still let his soul RIP

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

R.i.p.

6. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

He was a maverick.R.I.P

7. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Lol i hate such threads. so sad =(

RIP mate.

8. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

i dont get what's so sad abt it.. every1 dies. dying at 81 ain't sad

____
    R.I.P

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Honestly, I liked his music but not really enough to mourn his death. Also, it is all very well to crown him King of Melody just because he's dead but really, I disagree so it's not undisputed.

10. rohit

rohit New Member

he was really a musical genius!
    R.I.P.

11. kaiser

kaiser Bored

I don't think its sad he died.

He lived a good life and made great music. He was one of the first composers to infuse western elements in hindi film music. His music had elements of jazz, rhythms like salsa, cha cha cha, etc. and his songs even had guitar solos.
    Burman came later and was more bombastic, but Nayyar was the earliest pioneer of fusion in the hindi film industry.

I dont believe in the concept of souls and their siestas either.

Nayyar rules.

12. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

^^+1........

Acknowledge his achievements........Why very sad about his death.........Do you want him to live Old and Invalid for 135 years........

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

u guys could've given a skip to the thread..we can do sans ur valuable voicing of opinions..thanks but no thanks

oh yes..point taken! :)

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No but we like to spread our valuable opinions everywhere.

:p:

15. vini

vini Repeat Offender

reminds me of subhro's signature

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

we? Speak for yourself, thank you very much.

You could just as easily have wept in isolation. I don't think anyone has disrespected him.

vini likes this.
  17. vini

vini Repeat Offender

weep in isolation?..lol

ya..m glad none disrespected him! and i was just saying if anyone finds the thread useless..then y take the effort of posting..just skip it! anyways...thats about it! zip it now

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Stop ordering people like you're still mod (though you probably shouldn't be doing it even if you were).

If you want general people to ignore this thread, post it in music talk where you can have your pretentious discussion about how life won't be the same for you any more. You don't post a thread like this on a forum where most, if not all, threads are useless and then expect people to stay away from it. Why do people make the effort of posting in any thread for that matter if they'd not wanted to make the effort? This is just a social place for some of us, hunting ground for underage prey for some more and a boredom curtailing place for most.

And stop trying to be dry. It's just not you and makes you look sad. Honestly, I'm trying to help you when I say this.

19. vini

vini Repeat Offender

ur talking to walls?

lol..JK.ok thanks!! *takes a bow*

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

er...haha?

If you remember, the one time you took my advice it did help.