Online collab

Discussion in 'Form a Band' started by naren_gtr, Jan 16, 2012.

1. naren_gtr

naren_gtr New Member

Is anyone interested in online collaboration?
    Seeking for musicians who are familiar with DAWs and home recording process!

2. killerduck

killerduck New Member

Yeah

Yeah , sounds Interesting . I used to be a lead vocalist from a Progressive rock band from Cochin. I have a novice knowledge about home recording . I Use a Apogee ONe Audio Interface , with a Condenser Mic . On the Software side , I use Garageband

3. naren_gtr

naren_gtr New Member

Cool!
    Please check out my other band Lazure
    If you like my work then we can take it to the next level! :)

4. wylder

wylder Member

Where are you guys from? Updating you location might make it easier for people from your city to contact you for a jam...

5. naren_gtr

naren_gtr New Member

Ya no problem in sharing the location but I see no point in sharing the location as this is supposed to be online thingy! :)
    Are you interested in this stuff?

6. wylder

wylder Member

Sounds interesting but I'm more of an old school kinda guy and have very little experience with home recording. Have some studio recording experience.

I need to get some recording gear probably before the end of the month. Looking at something similar to my live setup of a Laney tube amp with an off axis SM-57.

What would you guys suggest from there to the PC? A USB device / mini mixing console / mic-pre?

7. naren_gtr

naren_gtr New Member

Well.. I have a M-Audio USB interface which has 1 XLR and 1 Line in and got pro tools se software with it!
    I am pretty satisfied with the quality of my guitar recordings!
    There are lots of models available out there.. depends on ur budget and needs! :)

8. yapril

yapril New Member

Sounds interesting. Liked your lazure project too, so i might be in.

I haven't recorded anything for a long time, at that time i used Cubase and Cakewalk, need a refresh on that front but that should be ok.

But i have a doubt about exchanging full projects over net, as it can be easily huge files, so be ready to eat a lot of bandwidth, and format compatibility between softwares is never easy (i don't have pro tools). So do you have an idea about how to operate?

9. naren_gtr

naren_gtr New Member

Cool!

Exchanging files will not b that difficult I guess!
    Can v talk on gtalk?
    My id is naru.gd@gmail.com

10. naren_gtr

naren_gtr New Member

And also what do u do musically?

11. yapril

yapril New Member

Ok, we can try anyways. I play guitar (well, not a big surprise, is it? ;) ). Just added u in gtalk contact list.

12. naren_gtr

naren_gtr New Member

I have sent a private message to your profile on this site!
    I haven't received your request on gtalk yet. I don't know y? :-/