One new short Solo

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Nov 2, 2005.

1. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Hey ron

thta one was cool ... almost reminded me of Zakk Wylde's playing :p:

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Woah, that was awesome (bar the recording quality :p: ) ...very Hendrixy feel perhaps, i wud love if u cud make those 22 seconds into a minute and still maintain that bite ..
    This was the best ive heard from u, keep it up.

3. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i liked the rythm more than the solo over it.

ive said this before..but uve got decent chops.

blues is such a genere i feel..where u would want to repeat a few phrases,or probably let your solos breathe..the open gaps are as important as the notes.

i would suggest u to start using chromatic passing tones to spice things up a little..
    and hit the "flat 5" blues note.

other than that..i think ur bendings pretty strong..i think u should work on ur vibrato.

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

dude - now u gotta help me out

i am really fed up of using the blues scale, dorian and mixolydians in blues licks pharasings ...
    i treid to incorporate some chroms - but it sounds awful to me ...

help me out ...

second thing is - what makes Blues "Blues" ?

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Dennis. What was Hendrixy about that :think: . Even BJR said that. If there was something I can make it a little more prominent.

@Dharam Singh. I have started using that b5 note now a days. Working on bends and vibratos too. Hopefully it will get better. Hey one more thing. What does it mean by Chops. Does it means licks or riffs or idea or feel or whatever. I have heard this term a lot but have no clue of whatever it means.

All my recordings are all exercise licks. I dont record any of my songs or compos mainly because of a poor setup. I dont want to waste my time recording some serious work with my crap PC :mad: . Usually I practice a lick or technique and then make up a lick or a short solo over a riff. This way I make sure the lick or technique I learn is useable practically instead of having it as just a stand alone thing which has no use to it.

6. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ ill post a clip where ill use chromatics..later today itself.
    the thing is u have to use the "off" notes as passing tones..if u stay on those notes it will sound awful most of the time..

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^ that was for jekyll..

by chops i mean ..technique/playing/skill level..yadyadayada
    for example i may say..i want to get my rythm chops up..meaning..i need to get my rythm playin up.

yea..ronnie..thats a good way to practice..if a n00bs reading this thread..good advice there itself.

8. ronnieanand

I can show you how to use Chromatics or Hit that Blues note or that b5 Note on a lick. On a riff too it can sound great. Head the intro Lick to Smoke On The Water ;) .

But man, you are something awesome. Used Modes till the amount of getting bored. Cool.

9. jekyll

jekyll Banned

1. well u will have ta show me otherwise also ... at your jam room :)

2. nothign man ...
    noithign cool
    my licks sound like finger excersize to me ... :cry1:
    and those modal plays are nothing better off ... mebbe some variation to the normal scale runs ... :cry2:

anyway i am fed up of myslef ... and for a change am trying to play Satch stuff ("thanx" to "HindiRox" aka "Nikhil Joshi") ... so hope to include his licks n chops from now onwards in my playing :)

10. ronnieanand

I will give you some nice tips for this. STEAL and you;d be better off. Yes STEAL from good people.

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

STEAL?

is it an acronym? what does it stand for?

12. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

awesome bends @ ronnie... recordin is a bit crappy... pretty gud overall

13. ronnieanand

It meant. A strong recommendation to Steal. Listen to players. Steal their licks. Modify them and make your own. Keeley does that as his main business. Modifies pedal and it becomes Keeley modded Boss pedal thingy. So you can have Jekyll modded Satch licks.

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

sure ...

thats what am looking for now ...
    steal licks ... n become guitar-whizz :grin:

15. shak

shak Harrr!

double stops getting better ... the gain is good this time ...
    the bends do the magic .. the intro is kick ass (reminds me off pink floyd and the who) ... again .. a slight problem with getting the timing right with the loop ... probably you went off the key here and there .. or probably it was just the poor recording .. this one is better than the doodle ...
    my score ... 7.5/10 ... mainly because of double stops and the intro ..

16. ronnieanand

The first overbend I do goes off key and that's intentional to create a tension. That's why I did a 3 fret bend instead of a 2 fret bend. The Rhythm timings depends a lot on how accurately I switch the ON / Off for recording it in the sampler. Even if there's a slight variation, the whole riff gets out of time as it starts repeating. Since recording time is only 16 seconds, I dont have an option to record Rhythm for the entire passage.

The recording is poor but I am not sure about any other off keys. My ears aren't great. So could you please point out where and all it was off key :nw: . This is one hell off a feedback dude 'cos I am thinking it's in key. Please help :nw: :nw:

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't really remember but I think it was the bend at the start which really gave me the vibe...but I honestly can't remember now.