One new short Solo

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    One short recording of mine. The Rhythm is as usual looped in my AX1500G and I tried soloing over it. The solo is pretty short but I felt it screams, so I named it screaming ;) . It's no song or anything just some lick over a Rhythm. Actually I was practising over bends and double stops. The second bend in the solo was supposed to be an overbend of bending to about 5 Frets. My 10 guage brand new Enrie Ball strings got kappoot, so with the new strings I restricted the bend to 3 frets. The second half of the solo is all double stops. Features my trademark screwed up recording quality. My PC sucks :mad: . My Laptop doesn't have a Line In, so it was recording through the inbuilt tiny mic. I used Audacity. The guitar is my GB&a Strat Super Fake and played the the Bill Lawrence 500XL in the bridge position.

Seriously give me feedbacks. I am experimenting with overbends and double stops and really want to get feedbacks.

Download Screaming from this page.
    https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=336045

2. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hte bends were reall goody! rest were crappy!

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Really nice hendrix type start but then you lose your way...you should have slowed down a bit and played fewer notes (in my opinion).

You started off really well though and this is the sort of stuff that will grab attention no matter where you play it.

I don't have a guitar with me right now but judging by what you've played, I'd imagine this was blues in E? A nice double stop type thing is play the second or fourteenth fret of the 2nd and 3rd string together and take it into a quarter bend and then go back to the 2nd or twelvth fret of the same strings. Also, keep in mind that the essence of blues in E lies in the open strings.

4. ronnieanand

@Rocking. What was the thing that was crappy. Could you explain. It could help me.

@BJR. Yep those double stops were at 12th, 14th and 15th Frets with 2nd and 3rd strings. Also used the 1string open fret for the first double stop along with 2nd and 3rd string.

I dont know if it was Blues in E. But sure it was something in E Minor. I am not sure if I attempted playing the Blues. Just one casual lick recorded one shot. One reason I didn't want to slow down was I felt the opening lick screams and I didn't want to bring down the mood. This idea of quarter bend on a double seems nice. Let me give that a shot too. And adding open strings :think: . I am still a noob to understand the essence of Blues. I am not a Blues player :eek:: 'cos I cannot play it :hbr: :cry2: . For that matter, I dont have any style of playing. I am still a noob :cry2: . Will try your idea of fewer notes, then quarter bends at double stops and give it a shot. Thanks man. Those were excellent feedbacks. And for you :nw: :nw:

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey ..if you get a mic for the PC and put a decent sound card..then maybe the recording quality would improve...
    And seriously..stop being overly modest and calling yourself a noob..:p:

6. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

wht was tht???

7. ronnieanand

No modesty dude. A noob is a noob is a noob however you say.

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Glad I could help....and fear not, even I cannot play the blues. I couldn't hit a bluesy note to save my life.

What I meant by the "essence" of the blues was that each of the keys in which you usually play blues usually has a very typical feel to it on the guitar due to open strings/positioning of notes etc. because you're usually trying to use more than just the blues scale. I got a bit of what I thought was the essence of the E blues.

Try being comfortable playing the blues at least in the following keys while practicing: E, F, G, A, Bb(esp. if you're jamming with pianists), and C.

9. shak

shak Harrr!

hey ronnie! nice bends mate ... i know how difficult it is to bend and hold notes .. and you seem to be pretty good at them .. practice your double stops though ..

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@ronnie - i didnt mean the music yaar....the ones after the bends was kinda showing some disturbances! i mean environment!.......it was honestly fanatastic! its hard to those bends n you did 'em! cool! i dunno whats so noob abt that?!:think:

11. shak

shak Harrr!

amen to that!^
    it wasn supposed to be a song anyway .. so a practice session this good deserves to be acknowledged .. lol you should listen to me practice ... haha .. i'll make your ears cry :cry2:

12. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ well, your clean stuffs werent bad either!:)

13. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

awsum man ...really ...but wanted 2 hear sumthing more ... waz 2 short....

but as bjr said ...with that intro it wud catch anyone's attention

14. ronnieanand

Rocking, the things after the bends are all double stops. They are meant to sound dirty like that. It is not supposed to sound clean. But as others pointed out I have to work on that double stops. Well this was my first attempt at do such a thing, so I have a long way to go.

15. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

What exactly is a double stop?Two notes hit together kinda thing?When you are playing with a slight distortion..the single notes sound clean but two notes together have that slight dirty sound..is that what its (roughly):eek::..

@ronnie..how about a solo embellished with wah for your next recording??or some funky muted wah rhythms?:dance:

16. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Dunno much abt elec's...... but this sounds awesomeeeeeeeeeee dude!!!

As usual,.. am gona lissen to this days together!!!

Keep em comin,... rockaaa!!!!

17. ronnieanand

Yep. Those are double stops. All my recordings are with my AX1500G processor. Not out of any preference. This AX1500G has a metronome and a sampler and I just record some of my practice. For the next recording I will do it with my pedals and try use the Wah. Not sure about funky Rhythms but will see.

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

tht was cool stuff dude....little short

anyway Im not into technicalities but it made a good listening

19. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@nebu - yaar, i love funky wah wah rhythmns! i started liking it to th core after a long time when i heard some some gaanja!:insane:

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

you heard some gaanja :confused: or you had some gaanja???:p: