old habits die hard

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Feb 6, 2006.

?

what ought to be done??

1. throw chappal out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. get ganguly back in odi team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. both 1 and 2

87.5%
  4. dravid is 2 be allowed 2 lick chappal 2 his heart's content while we keep losing by record margins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. careerist dravid continues as captain & chappal as coach while ganguly should sit out of odi's

12.5%
  1. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

the old indian habit of licking firang ass continues as today's times of india reports on how dravid kept ganguly out of the odi team to please chappal !!!!

your take on these two characters - the white bum and the obidient licker .

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Out of curiousity, would you have had this stand if an Indian coach had done the same?

Not trying to start an argument....genuinely curious.

3. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

hmm.....bjr...nice point....
    jamhead...i dont know about licking firang ass or anything......
    but if dravid is getting ganguly out just to please chappel....then it is bad.....
    but if he himself thinks that ganguly aint good...then itz ok....u should be open about what u feel....
    i personally have no opinion......i aint much into cricket....

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

meaning??

indian coach wanted to keep ganguly out of both tests and odis.

choice was left to dravid - and his reason to keep ganguly out - is that he didnt want to upset chappal !!!

if thats not ass licking then what is??
    what cricketing reason is there that says ganguly with 22 hundreds and 10k runs should not be in the ONE DAY team eh??
    dravid himself doesnt have that kind of odi stature, let alone play man of the match winning innings umpteen times. dravid is at best the cricketing equivalent of pete sampras. stolid.

i can understand cricketing reasons. but not fawning. not "didnt want to upset chappal and because i want to hold on to the captaincy" kind of arguements.

careerist ass lickers will never have my respect. never.

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

read today's times of india... first page.

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

Well chappal and his ass licker's boys could not even defend 330 odd, and never seemed to put the pak batsmen under any pressure..... either paki batsmen have improved tremendously since india's last tour to pakistan, or our team has gone to the dogs...and akhtar didnt even play...

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I was wondering if your stance on Sourav is influenced by your stance on Chappel? Mine probably is....I'm starting to develop an intense dislike for that smug look on his face. From the looks of it, he controls a lot of the developments yet let's the team face the heat. He's started pissing me off quite a bit.

Dravid's captaincy looked quite ordinary and his reluctance to bring on part-timers in the middle overs where the 2nd wicket partnership was taking 10 runs an over off the regulars was disappointing. Duckworth-Lewis might have given India a tough break in the end but they did not deserve to win anyway. Pakistan got it horribly wrong to have even given India a sniff at the end(18 of 18 was anybodies game).

And as for our bowling, I wonder when the insightful team selection committee, which sees reasons to keep a person with 22 centuries and 10,000 runs out of the team, will finally realize that Murali Kartik is excess baggage. He cannot bat, cannot field and is at best a decent bowler on very helpful tracks....on a batsman's wicket he is prey.

8. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

who knows???
    maybe the media is exageratting!
    i mean ....they add a lot of spice so that they sell...
    i dont get times of india....but i will surely read this report....

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

post the article if you can....I don't get ToI.

10. zing

zing Machine Head

who gives a !@#$

how abt banning cricket for like 10 years -- give the hockey, soccer, TT, tennis, basketball, volley, athletes, gymnasts etc. a chance...

whther india wins/loses criketers get paid big $$$

its the viewers who r the real losers

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I do.

and so do the 10 characters that must comprise my post.

12. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

my views.

In my views all cricketers should be banned from doing commercials and should be made to concentrate on cricket only.

Ganguly has been roughed up too much now.....it doesnt make any sense way our cricket board in treating him....maybe he shd retire himself before he is forced to do so.

and as far as chappell is concerned....lets give him some more time before we actually be sure abt his credentials.....and if we need changes then we need it from grass root level i.e from the under 10 catagory.

jamhead likes this.
  13. zing

zing Machine Head

dravid/ganguly doesn't

and neither do the other 10 characters in teh indian cricket team

so long as their pockets r full of $$$ the indian public can just go !@#$ itself

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I agree...but that doesn't particularly bother me.

15. zing

zing Machine Head

while criketers r rollin in millions -- for fixin matches, back bitin, evadin taxes, bitchin abt teammates, endorsin pepsi & what not......

ther r thousands of talented sportsmen & women -- in hockey , TT , weightlifting, soccer, volley, athletics,.......... these guys dont have jobs, or they work as clerks n peons, they cant buy equipment, they dont even get enough food to eat

doesn't that bother u either?

16. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

This thread evokes disturbing(not pun!) images, dravid licking..................my pizza threatens to see the light of the day.....

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No more than the fact that there are starving millions in this world. Justice has never been my albatross.

18. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

er, a tangential question, i know the albatross you allude to is from samuel coleridge.. but what exactly did you mean by "justice was never my albatross"...

19. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

20. zing

zing Machine Head

the difference is tht u r not contributing to the starvation of milions but u r contributing to the lack of opportunities to other sports ppl

@jamhead: albatross (2): something that causes persistent deep concern or anxiety

jamhead likes this.