old but patient and ready to rock

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by subir_n, Dec 18, 2008.

1. subir_n

subir_n New Member

Hi folks,

it's daunting to start playing guitar at 42 with a pressure cooker job, heavy travel and a family. but i have decided to have a go. and i am setting modest targets. 5 months have passed and some 16 lessons. some calluses. not enough practice. but i touch my instrument everyday (if i am in town; otherwise before i run off to catch a flight).

would love to get all the encouragement and guidance that you all can provide.

cheers

subir

2. fossilchord

fossilchord New Member

hi subir, hats off to u and ur effort! i am 25, started working last year after finishing university and picked up a guitar about 8-9 months ago, somethung i wanted to do for a long time. no lessons for me as they r quite expensive here ( I live in the UK and its about £25 per hour). So I am teaching myself with a book and a little help from the net. practice is the key man... don't put the instrument down even if u lift it after a months gap and it takes only 30 mins to get back to where u left ( I learnt that as i have a busy work schedule too). keep playing. cheers
    Anubhav

3. kans11

kans11 New Member

merry christmas
    to u all!

4. kans11

kans11 New Member

wassup
    -------------------
    merry christmas
    to u all!