Ok, I need Help!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Apr 19, 2007.

1. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

Congrats man!! which colour did you buy?

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

So yazi just fly down to bangalore and buy the ibanez LOL!!!

3. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

For me personally there's one more thing that affects my ability to play fast. My sweaty hands tend to stick if the neck has a glossy finish. When I sanded down the neck of my washburn, that bare wood finish felt super smooth and fast but exposing the wood to the elements made it warp with seasonal changes so it had to be finished again, and it is more comfortable but not as slick.

Since I'm mostly a blues player I look for a feel good neck rather than a fast one. I love strat necks except some are sharp-ish around the edges and for that reason I love what Ibanez do with their worn in Prestige necks, and of the Ibanez' I prefer the RG321 and JS necks over the wizards and then I don't like Super Jumbo frets either so my choices get quite limited. I think the best thing for me would be to get one made since I'm so fussy... aagh, but the agony of not knowing

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

FAUK yeah man! Those jumbo frets are the main reason im selling it. I thought i was wierd and fussy, then i spoke to ronnie , he said the same. He cant tolerate those fata$$ frets either! Woot! lets make a community! Anti Jumbo Frets! :p

5. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

yup, although Jumbos give you that pseudo scalloped feel, the smaller frets feel more "intimate" and far more smoother. I don't know about the others but I find Ibanez Jumbos in particular are hideously large...I can't stand them either

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Yeah, I really gotta sell this to someone who actually wants it and deserves it! Im better off with my slammer

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

btw suggest some Blues songs for me to learn. I want to play more blues than metal these days

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Depends on ur skill level... try stuff by BB King.. mebbe The Thrill Is Gone, or 3 o clock blues. The playing is really slow, but the phrasing is very hard to copy. Blue Jeans Blues by ZZ top is another one u could try. Red house is another popular fav.
    Try some Gary Moore if ur a lil more adventurous :)
    Also chk out Damn Right I've Got The Blues (I'm learning this one right now :) )

9. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Right now I'm watching Scorsese's "The Soul of a Man" series. If you haven't seen it I very highly recommend it...loving it!

correction: It's Wim Wender's with Exec Prod M. Scorsese

10. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

if you dont like jumbo frets then you should not buy a schecter... they come with xtra large frets....

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

they are smaller than ibanez

12. yazi

yazi Banned

Man I really need to get back to the states AND check out every goddamn guitar.

@laney: Hold ur horses dude. I really need to know the instrument.

P.S: Custom price from Jackson came in. Its just $4199.00

The shitheads sre tryin' to save me a dollar.

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

4199$!! w00t! thats not bad for a custom shop though. ESP custom shops start at 5k$

14. yazi

yazi Banned

And I am in ruts now. Just livin' on weed. Cant seem to shortlist a guitar, as I dunno what genre to adopt.

Is the Pondicherry custom guitars guy good? Can he make me an I banez S470 copy? With custom finish? And pups?

15. yazi

yazi Banned

And I am in ruts now. Just livin' on weed. Cant seem to shortlist a guitar, as I dunno what genre to adopt.

Is the Pondicherry custom guitars guy good? Can he make me an I banez S470 copy? With custom finish? And pups?

16. yazi

yazi Banned

Oh yeah, I quit MS. :beer:

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Pondicherry guy starts at 28k. Or more. He's pretty darn good i hear!

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

If you quit MS how the **** are u shelling out 4k$?

19. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

improvise stuffs....i've got some blues tabs in a book will post that later if u want with the good audio ...

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Do that please! Thanks