ok guys I need ur help.....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by LEFTY_GUITARIST, Dec 29, 2005.

1. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

im thinkin about buyin a decent processor which can satisfy me for 2-3 years........

i mainly play metallica:nw:, maiden, ozzy, gnr as well as creed, linkin park as well as satriani:nw:i, vai santana...etc.

the processor i have in ma mind is korg AX1500g......but i am not sure tht ill be satisfied or not......:eek::

or plz help me guyz , its urgent.

p.s.--i cant afford 2 buy processors of GT8 level........2 much expensive for me.

2. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

for metal distortion
    check some stuff from digitech but if u want multieffects check something from zoom(i'm buyin one).i don't hav an id about korg.

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

From what I've seen, Korg distortion patches are very thin and weak-soundng....not ideal for harder rock which is what you seem to want. Digitech or Boss would suit you better I think.

4. LEFTY_GUITARIST

^^^^^^ok....

thnx ronnie da......

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

not exactly,

Infact I have observed the contrary: Korg distortion seems to be less gainy, less trebly, n less thin.

I observed n felt taht Zoom was more trebly n thin.

LOL
    What I think is that all this confusion is because of the amp.

I used to hear my KORG thru Marshall - and I kinda like the sound, the same when heard over a Stranger sounds utter crap.

6. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

i have a korg ax1500g.....i think i can get the sounds (nearabout,u can never have the actual sound)with the help of some guys ...

if ur budget is low try second hand gear....i got mine for 7k...in processors its the same thing!

7. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

@ Leftyguitarist: Im not Ronnie:)
    @ alpha1: I agree..everything through the Stranger would sound horrible. Maybe it was the patches I played through...

8. LEFTY_GUITARIST

^^^^^^^are i know ur noit ronnie........i was thnkin ronnie da coz he helped me bout dis in chat..............

and i ve gone thru all those hermony sentral reviews(*uff*).....it seems tht u can get hard rock sounds thru tht thing, but less eavy......

@rust.......... i think ill buy tht thg without papers:grin:.....in same price tht ui got 2nd hand, im gettin a brand new:grin:

but if i cant, ill go for a with paper gnx 3..........18000:cry1:......is tht good for metal??? :eek:: temme u guyz.....

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

from what ive gatherd so far in my search for a good processor is..this
    digitech and some zooms are better for metalish sounds
    korg is more inclined towards the vintage, the classic rock sound
    and boss is somewhere in between...but hey i could be wrong :eek::

10. LEFTY_GUITARIST

^^^^^^i think so 2.......:O:...........saurav bhaia wut r u usin now.....??

and where r alpha1, hindirox and chintan9?????i mean posters of dis forum.....

11. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

If you're want a AX1500G you might as well drop around 3-4k more and go for ax3000g it's got a great metal heavy sound plus tons of room for other sounds. If you wanna hear it try to listen to some demos by a band called scream of silence in rsjonline the guitarist there used the ax3000g

12. LEFTY_GUITARIST

i think ill try 2 get it within 6-8 k....ax1500g.....but temme bout ax1500g...

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

D00d,
    AX1500G for that much money is a steal!

14. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

and when you heard my Metalizer from a Stranger Amp you thought that your Korg sounds Crap :p: :p:

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL

I am pretty sure u must've put Stranger's EQ as 5-0-10.
    Coz that is the only way to get decent sound from it.

Otherwise, if u try raising the mids on stranger, it (so to speak) starts farting.
    Marshal on the other hand doesnt :p

OK - for metal playing AMT Metallizer pwns most of the high end processors. But then this d00d requires a processor which gives him flexibitly.

16. LEFTY_GUITARIST

:grin:.........not sure, i ll only buy tht if i get it within 8 k, :p:, or ill hav 2 wait till december to buy GNX3 for 18k.....with wty:eek::

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nope.
    get a processor for budget less than 15K

For more - go to the stomp boxes. U will realize that u dont require all the effects in the highest end processors.

18. enable_vipin

enable_vipin Rhythm_Guitarist

than go for zoom or digitech...

19. LEFTY_GUITARIST

i think ill try gfx 5......:eek::is it better dan ax1500g for hard and heavy stuff???

and dsose znr sucks??

20. LEFTY_GUITARIST

ok i think ill try tht.......but there is no band called scream of silence in rsjonline....

can u gimmi da link plz??

and temme more bout this procesoor/.........:eek::