Ok frndz i m here with a new problem...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by chaggudog, Dec 24, 2006.

1. chaggudog

chaggudog New Member

i am gonna buy a new guitar and i was thnkin of checkin various thngs while buyin it....

c in my old guitar some strings are buzzing when played open...i guess thats a problem with bridge or sumthing...

but is it possible tht a guitar's string sound fine when played open but buzz when played at a paricular fret...like my high E string is buzzing when played open and my B string is buzzing when played at 2nd or 3rd fret while F string is buzzing when played at 5th fret...

is it a problem with my style of guitar playing or prob with design of guitar and shud i check tht also? btwn i m pressing at the frets with all the force in my fingers with which i can...lol

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ummm....seems like ur neck is warped....do u know ur way around the truss rod? well if u dont then take it to a tech or a pro somewhere. Well what YOU can do is hold the guitar horizontally and keep ur eyes behind the bridge or whatever and look down the edge of the fret board. If there is any bend or anything ur guitar is warped. If not then its just an intonation problem.

Ok as for ur new guitar : we need to know
    1.Type of style you play
    2.Budget
    3.Where u live
    4.What u want in a guitar

And what is the name of your old guitar?

Cheers,
    Laney

3. chaggudog

chaggudog New Member

hey laney...i dont think the guitar warped or nethings....can u plz tell me what is an intonation problem and how can i rectify it?...also plz note tht d strings r soundin fine wen played open....

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

then once again i think its warped. I used a warped guitar for quite a while. Any chance u can post come good angle pics? like from the back of the guitar along the side of the fretboard. That would answer the question.

5. chaggudog

chaggudog New Member

sorry i cant...in case d guitar is warped does adjusting the truss rod solve d prob...i m just askin coz i m worried...i m not gonna do it on my own..will definitely ask sum pro to do it....

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

The neck should be bent slightly (it should look like it's a little lower in the middle than at the ends).

If the buzzing is on the 1-4 or >15 frets it may just be the action that needs to be raised. However if the buzz is towards the middle of the neck the neck may be back bowed and you'll need to take it to a professional (if you don't want to adjust the truss yourself).

Make sure you know what's wrong before you give it in or the person may do some unnecessary "repairs".

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

It can happen for two reasons..
    1. Truss rod is bent...
    2. There is something wrong ur Bridge or the tuner lock or neck.......

Take it to the shop u bought it from. Tell them to fix it again....

8. yazi

yazi Banned

To set intonation, google it....

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

what guitar is it by the way? floyd rose ? set bridge? what?

10. thehundredthone

If you have a strat style fixed bridge you can probably adjust individual string height.

11. chaggudog

chaggudog New Member

@thehundredthone : how to raise the action? and this is the style of bridge i got...

Attached Files:

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

oh i always assumed it was an electric guitar...dude u gotta tell us more about the guitar...

13. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I don't think there is any problem with intonation coz it will change the tune at the upper frets, it wouldn't give Buzzing sounds.......

14. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^hehehe Laney...........we all did now didnt we :)

15. thehundredthone

16. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

just raise da action dood:p:

or take it to a shop they will fix it , surely.........maybe for some 30-50 bucks...

17. chaggudog

chaggudog New Member

ok...let me tell the exact problem.....the B string is buzzing on 2nd & 3rd fret....the G string is buzzing only on 9th fret....and the D string is buzzing on 3rd and 9th fret....and the F string is buzzing on 5th fret...
    its an acoustic guitar....the kind of bridge i have shown before....the truss rod adjustment thing is inside the sound hole...center hole,cutaway guitar,20 frets
    in case one has to adjust the truss rod...how much it is gonna cost????...nd now do ya all thnk its an problem of truss rod adjustment????