NRI - Desh Dhrohi or Desh Premi?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Here something i need ur opinion on!
    Lot of my friends from india call me desh dhrohi :eek:: ......after i came to a different land. Although i feel i have become more attached to my country then i ever was!
    i personally feel tht we r unofficial ambassdors of the country...whtvere we do..how we behave all reflects on the land we migrate from...

still lot of people..in India think its wrong to leave ur nation...and tht country can only be served by staying there! cant a desh premi be outside desh??

Have u guys done anything outside ur country tht would make ur country proud? even in a small way......

i havent done anything like tht yet.....but want to do something.....

2. im NRI and im desh premi :p:

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

me NRI n desh premi

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

lol, absolute bull, dont worry ankur. Staying in the country doesnt make you a desh premi or going out a drohi. Under what criteria do they classify you anyway?

5. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

me thinks there r more NRIs than Indians in IGT....:)...tis true that they represent the country...so better BEHAVE people....as for me...i'll continue to be a carefree Indian...hehe...

and the deshdrohi stuff...well if they contribute in some way back to their home land then only i can say that they r not deshdrohis...;)

6. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

@ erindi

oh yeah i think most people can carry themselves well....wht i was looking for is..if people have done something out of their way..Unconventional....to benefit their motherland!

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i stay in INDIA..my contribution to the country has been next to zero.

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^^^ same here

anyway scorp - MOST OF THE PPL who call u desh drohi for leaving India are the ones who are frust by staying here ... and they are not getting chance to get out ...

that frust kinda manifests in terms of these statements ... ignore them and ask them what the heck are they doing so gr8 staying in India?

it would be better to go abroad and if possible do something big rather than stayting in india and not doing anything at all ...
    atleast u will be doing somehitng for mankind ...

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

How does it matter wherever you are and whatever anybody says. Being a Desh Premi or a Desh Drohi is in you not in what somebody else says.

Instead of worry about this, chill out with a nice beer :beer:

10. jekyll

jekyll Banned

yeah had tons yesterday,
    i still feel my head is spinning a little ... :annoyed:

hey b.t.w. drinking beer is very much desh-premi thing coz outof 60Rs that i pay for the bottle of beer ...
    Rs 40 go to the Govt Of India ... :)

and that money can be used for funding all the development activities by the Govt ...

so DRINK BEER/ALCOHOL, HELP GOVT, BE A DESH_PREMI ...

11. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

LOL....guys dont get me wrong here! :p:

when i said my friends call me desh dhrohi....i didnt mean....they were serious...its all in good humor! wht i was looking for is....how many people....of u guy living out or in ur country....have contributed towards its improvement...in anyway...big or small !

@ ronnie .....no worries...I am...always chill man.!! beer or not

:beer:

12. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

@ Jekylll

now here' someone with a significant contribution towards his nation !! Good way to look at it man!!

loved ur idea! :p:

13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

:shock: :nw: :drunk:

How much you sacrifice for the nation.

Even I sacrificed for the nation last night. Jekyll when you are coming to Bangalore :beer:

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Methinks me coming in Nov end ...

anyway ... am really sad ...

i cannot contribute more to the nation ... tobacco is another item where u can really help fill the Govt's kitties (treasury actually :grin: )

but i dont smoke :cry1: ... but yeah a Zarda here or there doenst hurt (especialy in a Pan ;) )

15. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Dude....u r really patriotic!
    i need more tips from u :p:

16. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

The average NRI turns into a spy against india....... all of them need to be killed (no, peeled to death)