NOVEMBER RAIN GUITAR SOLO 1(SLASH) -GNR (Youtube cover vid)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by god of guitar85, Jul 5, 2009.

1. god of guitar85

god of guitar85 GUITARPLAYER

hii guyz this is one of my fav solo. learnt it yesterday. still i'm practicing it.i'll upload final version soon along with second guitar solo from the song!!

i'm very good with rhythms and now i'm learning to play leads and i'm starting with this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdzPz1FmEv8

Check it out and do comment!!!

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey man, i think you really played it very well, a little more practising and it will be sounding like the original!
    Although there is something not good, your guitar isn't tuned very well, thats the reason all the pitched notes aren't sounding well!!!
    Keep going man and take care!

3. god of guitar85

thanks keoraf like always to reply first and ur comments!!!
    need 2 buy a good fx processor and then the tone will sound close to wht slash plays...
    i'm planning 2 buy a Zoom G2 processor..
    after tht i'll upload another cover of this solo along with the second solo after lot of practice...

guyz wht do u think abt Zoom G2??????
    or plzz suggest me a good processor around 6-7k.

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

It was a decent attempt but I hope you wanted critique because I'm going to give you my opinion anyway :p:

a) Don't pluck the string when you pick (at least for this solo), i.e., don't lift the string up high with your plectrum. It gives that plucky noise and changes your sound.
    b) Many notes are dying out too soon or are muted when they shouldn't be. Practise fretting each note clearly.
    c) Bend fully into the note, a lot of bends are falling woefully short of the the required note.
    d) Work on your legato technique. Many parts of Slash solos are legato, they don't sound the same staccato.
    e) Try upping the mids a little, and increase the gain a slight bit.

5. god of guitar85

@thehundredthone -

thanks buddy. all points taken. i agree with u on all those points.
    thanks 4 watchin and ur comments

6. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

korg ax5g is better than the zoom g2...........