Not Myself by John Mayer

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by i'm_not_neo, Aug 29, 2007.

1. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

Well I finally got through recording it..though it's a simple song I always get something wrong either in guitaring or singing..there's a slight variation at the end,if you've hear the original..can't say its perfect but I liked it..so here it is :
    https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=734322

Uhmm please bear the bad recording..will definitely improve the recording quality next time...

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Never heard this song man, but it doesn't sound bad, good vocals as the guitaring is good too. You have good voice man, just the recording isn't done very well!
    Keep posting man!!!

3. i'm_not_neo

Keoraf man..you're just too encouraging!!IGT needs more members like you..and I'm not just saying that coz u replied to MY post (though that is one of the reasons) but after seeing you reply to most of the posts at IGT:ST...

Hmm..well as it is with me,I always play the not so famous songs,coz they're the ones that get sidelined by the big hits and are really worth listening..if possible,do listen to the original coz I haven't done complete justice to the song..

Recording...yes..that will be better next time,for sure..thanks a lot man,seriously.

4. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

stress on the vocals! Its such a beautiful song it deserves to be sung!

5. i'm_not_neo

Yeah..it's good to know you've heard the original...well I'm trying to improve my vocals..the thing is my voice has a lot of bass so I'm trying to increase my vocal range..will definitely keep trying to improve..thanks a lot.

god_of_guitar and faiqrock like this.
  6. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Good attempt...
    The vocals were bit low...

Keep it up Reps !

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

nice attempt dude.. work a bit on vocals and recording... but great effort.. reps to u.

8. i'm_not_neo

@faiqrock..thanks a lot man..yeah,will definitely work on my vocals..

@g_o_g...vocals and guitarting,yeah,I can assure both will be better the next time I record...thanks man..

btw I was wondering..I can't really strum the guitar first and sing later..it has to be in one shot for me...so should I try to sing n play seperately to improve the recordings??Or will a better mic n good software be enough??Also I use the thumb to strum the guitar..should I use a plectrum for better sound??

9. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

If you want to make better recordings, then ofcourse you have to record the guitaring strumming first, just read my sticky "improve your recordings"!
    I don't know what prog you use to make your recordings, but if you are using Adobe Audition, then its very easy to add some effects and to remove the irritating noise in the background!!!

10. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Thats what i like about your voice, the bass in your voice, it just makes your voice unique!!!

11. i'm_not_neo

@keoraf..Thanks man..well I was using Audacity till now..but never really used any effects other than the mp3gain utility..will try Audition..I tried strumming and singing separately but the output doesn't seem natural..I mean when I strum n sing I actually feel the rhythm..but anyways,I'll definitely try it separately..thanks again.