Nostradamus had predicted Katrina?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Sep 21, 2005.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

His predictions have been interpreted very well and with slight twists have fit into a numerous situations. However, no one can ever read the book and predict what will come because his prophecies are far too abstract to interpret in any way. Hence, all we can do is sit and marvel at his predictions and wait for something to happen so we can marvel some more.

But it really is fantastic that so many of his predictions have been confirmed.

2. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

well i cud believe the twin towers prediction very well!that never was a fluke!

3. shak

shak Harrr!

the thing is ... we say that the prophecy has been fulfilled fine .. appluad the guy ..... but can we read his books and ACTUALLY predict the future right now? ... i dont think so .. its only that the events tkae place that we say OKAY this was already prophesized by nostraguy.. we havent yet made any future predictions using nostradamus "wise words" .. or have we?

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I repeat from last post:

5. now dunt freak me out im also in da 8th :shock:

6. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

Cool, shall we marry?
    Your ex-boy is out of igt.

on the topic,
    I agree with BJR. #21

7. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

The abstract nature of his prophecies is what leads to them being true. I can say something like "A beast shall come upon us in the wee years of the new century and death he shall bring." Now I can intepret the beast = osama = bush = katrina anything......this is a interpretive prediction. We can be certain that there will be some sort of disaster in the first few years of a century.
    So the beast can be osama who caused 9/11, bush who started the iraq war.....katrina that killed so many......it can even be world war 1.

Interpretation is the REASON these prophecies are true......but in reality they are only vague statements about things that WILL happen due to the cyclic nature of the world. Disasters, Peace, War, Economic depressions etc. have always been and will always be part of our lives. Predicting these is NOT a big deal!!!!!!

P.S: the original works of Nostradamus are not published anymore......most of the translations are biased with respect to the translater. The 9/11 prediction was FALSE......none of the early translations had those "passages" in them. A lot of the so-called predictions are just clever poetry written by internet hoaxers.......

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Agreed....but there is no way in hell that future generations will ever know for sure whether you were actually having these visions or bluffing. Therefore, Nostradmus' prophecies cannot be dismissed as bull**** even though it is possible that it was all a farce. Like you can not prove he was bluffing, you can also never know if he was telling the truth. If he was bluffing, I would celebrate him as a genius to have the foresight to realize that the world would eventually be caught in a power struggle. It is a very difficult concept to understand without ever seeing it.....and he would also be a genius to realize that future generations would be obsessed by prophecies that they would try to prove him right.

However, one thing that interests me is that the year/time is specified in most cases. How these things fit in....I cannot say but it does interest me.

9. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

HE proved everything that would happen to the west. Just ignored darfur.

10. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Contrary to popular belief......not a single Nostradamus prophecy has a timestamp. It has vague descriptions like "at the turn of the century", which can apply to any damn century.
    nostradamus was a clever man, I'll give him that, he knew human psychology and how to trigger the curiosity factor......but that was it......other than that he was just a con.

11. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

Code:
    NOSTRALEFTY:- [url]www.indianguitartabs.com[/url]

in the great triangular country, great site,filled wid 10crore members 
    In fifteen parts will the forum be divided:
    The website taken by neo, zoom , doc, vini , and guitamers(guitarists+spammers)And the greatest part involving the cc longe.
    — Century VII, Quartrain 25
    yah yah yah yah;...................tanku.....people ... :beer:

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Precisely...see? If he was actually a sham, I would label him a genius.

13. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

ma i need to learn latin and make sense of it myself.....there r far too many interpretations....:)

14. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

This is one guys who continues to amaze me ... I dont have any scientific exp for this as of now ...

But i can prove any other crap wrong ...

I'll son find a way to .... know how he could get these ........

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^talking abt nostradamoss or nostraleftie?

16. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

will look for it then can better comment :think:

17. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

man!!! nostradamus according to me is not a complete fluke. it is said that only 10% of his predictions has not been true whereas the other 90% has somehow been verified so far!!!:think:

note:i wish i were like him to find out my exam questions beforehand!!!:rock:

18. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ hehehe yeah....i can easily pass my boring tests and stuff!......i wud finish off my coll wid 1st rank in india!and earn money in us!:grin:

19. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

its said that his predictions for 11thsep were correct...
    he said"in a city of man made mountains..the sky wld burn at 45degrees of lattitude"

20. shak

shak Harrr!

and you believe it ! that old budhha khooosat .. said this!
    ... thousand or so years ago ... nostra guy was talking in degrees of latitudes ...... damn its pathetic

CLOSE THE THREAD PLEASE .. its murdering the common sense