Nostradamus had predicted Katrina?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Sep 21, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Near the great river - Missisipi River?

great ditch, earth drawn out - New Orlean is a bowl shaped city!

and the greatest part involving the coliseum - super dome?

So what do you guys think? Matka?? ;)

2. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

Neo, you are so nice in starting interesting threads.

Ya, even I read somewhere that many incidents which occurred were already predicted by Nostradamous (Atleast closlely matched).

And even there was something from him like earth being destroyed by 2000..
    and here we see your another thread about the chaos clouds.
    Thrills!!

3. shak

shak Harrr!

nostradamus was a fluke ...
    he said soem random thigns and people of every age mould them to their present circumstances to derive explanations suiting themselves ...
    typical

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

he also predicted the rise of hitler n so on

what abt that sharukh

but consider one thing neo

calamities n dictators n mad people trying to control the world will alwasy exists

so i can now predict in two centuries or some such time the earth will suffer a great blow....

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

But his predictions about World War II were not fluke, he practically told us the whole story of the war much before it happened. Did you read his book? Its also is out on Video, you should check it out.

6. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

You are right Sharukh.. but see it's just not 1 or 2 incidents that coincide with him..
    I read many. Anyhow his writings are not taken so seriously.
    But I am sure his stories will thrill school kids.. just like I had night mares after reading about Bermuda triangle :) .. when I was 8th standard.

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

may be they are western version of god dhiva n idols!........anywayz, i believe this nastradomos......has he predicted anythign abt mumbai city ka record breaking rainfall???:grin:

8. shak

shak Harrr!

i will read the book then ...
    but i did had a talk about him in the college... my teacher made me believe that he was a fluke ..but that musta been baised thingy ... so i will read the book ..

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

its much of jealousy when it comes to believing the unelievables!

10. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

Nostradamus made thousands of predictions, and most of them were in a mixture of 4-5 different ancient languages. So there could be multiple meanings drawn from his predictions. The ones which are currently published in books are just interpretations which are being reproduced from many years.

The bottomline, we still cant be sure of Nostradamus and his predictions.

11. shak

shak Harrr!

thats what i think .... no one can tell future ... in my opinion ..he could have only fluked ..
    agree with ya @guitarboy and @h_e (welcome)

12. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I would also like to say is that, Nostradamus prophesies are quite vague and probably any interpretation can be made of them.

13. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Well the thing about him predicting Hitler's rise i think was just a fluke

PROOF : He apparently wrote " Hither will overflow his banks" (not actual quote and is translated) meaning Germany will wage war and conquer outside it's boundaries right.
    but mostly people dont know that there's a river maybe in germany named Hither which osually overflows it's banks anf floods.

So people usually take the explanation of Hitler's regime.

But i can't be a 100% sure so the topic's still open for debate

14. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Yes, he is also known to be wrong for instance he predicted hitler would win.

15. shak

shak Harrr!

so are we decided now? nostradamus was a clever little chappy but in no way future prediciting super-human

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i dunno......believe what u prefer to!

17. sridhar11_2

You really can't convince everyone that Nostradamous was for real and you cant prove that he was wrong either .

So the Jury is still out :think:

18. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

aa.... dunno if he's right or wrong but if he can predict the future y cudnt he predict his death

19. shak

shak Harrr!

well anyone can do that .. i predict that one day i will die and lightning will strike earth (its a fact lightning strikes every 2 seconds) .. and people who aer really close to me will cry ...
    there u g no sweat

20. sridhar11_2

Ya and say that there is really a storm the day that shahrukh dies (god forbid) someone would surely get up and say that he predicted his own death right.

That's the mentality of most people.