No Oscar for Paheli (is it a right choice 4 oscar)

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by flyingbird, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingbird

flyingbird New Member

By IndiaFM News Bureau, February 1, 2006 - 00:32 IST

After much speculation, the nominations for the 78th Annual Academy Awards were finally announced on Tuesday evening. Unfortunately, India’s entry Paheli, did not make it in the foreign language category. Palestinian film Paradise Now was nominated in this category. When Paheli was released, it received a mixed response from the trade and public. Many were surprised when it was selected as the official Indian entry to this year's awards. (what do u all think is it a right choice 4 oscar)

Some Indian films to have been nominated in this category in the past include Mehboob Khan's Mother India in 1958, Mira Nair's Salaam Bombay in 1989 and more recently Ashutosh Gowariker's Lagaan in 2002.

2. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

paheli shoudent have been nominated in the first place???
    had they all gone mad!!!!:mad:
    black should have gone for the oscars.....and it could have won!damn awesome movie

3. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

^^ I feel the same .. black was much better than paheli .... its no shocker that it didnt get any nominations ..

4. metal_fan69

metal_fan69 To Live Is To Die

Black ..... ok .... Swadesh bhi chalta tha..wat do u think?

5. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

^^^even i liked swadesh....awesome movie...wonder why it dident make it big...:confused:

6. rock all

rock all New Member

No Ways

No Paheli In The First Place Shd Not Hav Been Nominated In Oscars.. Sorry Srk Al Tho I Am A Gr8 Fan Of His.. The Movie Was Weird Specially Its Storyy.. Crap Stuff

7. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

THe reason Why black was not selected ws because
    it had majority of english dialogues. at the osars the catogory was best foreign film.(u need hindi dialouges for that!!) but i agree

if black was sent it would have surely got good aclaim>

8. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Paheli, although I thought it was a decent movie, shouldn't have been nominated. I don't think there was any other movie that could take its place.
    I haven't seen Page 3 yet and according to some that should have been the right choice.

..and thank god Black wasn't selected. Amitabh Bachan hammed through the movie, made me cringe to see him on screen. Rani acted well but not good enough for all those awards she and Black have been getting lately.

9. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

waaaah kyaa bumb mara !!!

(thread to b closed in

0)

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

boo hoo :'( </3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.