no list..just name one fav.song

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by taxyse, May 12, 2005.

1. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hi ppl..
    lately ...i've been seein a lot of threads askin u to pick ur fav. song frm a list or whatever....or naming ur top ten songs....blah blah..
    so i thought i better pen down my views bout the topic...nothing much serious...just a thought i came up with..
    all u got to do is name ONE (single) fav. song of urs...and the reason fer it..

well as far as i am concerned....ppl who dont have a fav.song...(i mean a single one.)..have not really related the music they listen to with there emotions...i mean to say..they dont invovle themselves..or 'feel' the music...just listen to it ..(fer whatever reason they like)
    and even if u are a rock fan...or metal fan....and listen to just english (cuz there aint much/any hindi stuff in this area)...only ur mother tounge can give u a song u can always endlessly listen to...(i mean the one which will then be called ur fav.)..
    well ....enough with the talk....forgive me ppl if i hurt neone..u are free to express ur views tooo...
    here goes the name and stuff about my fav. song...

SONG- 'Aadat'---( i am indian mind u..lol)
    BAND- Jal---------(well no more the same one)

i dont know what this song got me with...maybe the line 'ab toh aadat..'....or the simplicity of the stuff.....or aatif's voice....maybe a combo of all these...but this sure is unlike ne other song to me......even with me listening to chilrdren of bodom n others all the time...
    i just went crazy over this song when i saw it the first time on B4U....
    and i downloaded its video...and its live version....
    and u wont belive....i used to listen to them almost 400 TIMES a day...
    and moreover...everytime i listen to it...i feel like -'just one more time..'..
    no wonder its my fav.....it will never ever loose its color fer me...hats off ....

UR TURN.....ppl

2. shak

shak Harrr!

without doubt
    sweet child O mine by gnr ...

good lyrics: it is actually meant for axl's gf i think .. so that guy really concocted his emotions with a heavy dose of feelings to string those words

good music: the rhythm is good, and i cant say enuff about the leads and riffs, the second that song starts, my finger start to twitch and that jugglery of slash's opening riff just blows your mind away .. and then two interlude solos ... ooo ... they are good but the bomb shell comes half way thru the song .. the actual solo, widely accepted as one of the best ever composed ... just love that

3. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

i don't have an all time favourite... i donno.. if i think of one song then something else creeps up... well, this is my current favourite

walking shade - billy corgan :)

4. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

high hopes - pink floyd
    i am crazy about the song......the guitar solo is brilliant....vocals are too good...what else can i say

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Oops You Did It Again.

6. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

not any particular...

7. tejas

tejas ..........

I don't quite agree with you. I don't have ONE favourite song, so does that mean I don't get emotionally involved with my music?? I think not. I've got a favourite song for every mood. Depending on my emotional state, i pick my favourite song. Like, If one song is my favourite for one mood, the same song, i could positively dislike when I'm in some other mood. Its just like that. As far as I am concerned, having one favourite song is not possible.

8. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Undoubtedly Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin

Superb music, superb lyrics, suberb solo what else do you need?? Also, its made by my favourite band and has the best guitar solo. (Check my thread - Top 100 Guitar Solos - https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=8885) It may seem boring to some people, but I feel songs should be like that.
    :rockon:

9. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

yeah...stairway does come close to being that kind of a song...
    ..'outside'...by stained is also what i like...
    and i dont know tejas....i never felt that way...of course i also listen to songs according to my mood....but when i play aadat...it doesnt matter what mood i'm in.....(i think i wont be able to explain much,...but i hope u got my point)...and thats what i think its all about...a single song fer every emotion,every mood,every moment of my life..thats what i call a fav.