Nirvana VS Guns n Roses

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Sep 23, 2005.

?

You r fan of which group ?

1. Nirvana

20 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. Guns n Roses

42 vote(s)
    67.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chill_jd

chill_jd New Member

Obviously GnR rocks guys slash is the actually the greatest solo guitarist i have heard..hear the solo of sweet child,november rain he is simply rocking.......even nirvana is good.smells like teen spirit and rape me and all but gNr is far above then nirvana no doubt about it....and pls britney sucks guys she is ***y her songs are nice to listen but rock is a obviously better genre then pop,rock is a outcome of great talents playing together so its but obvious that rock ROCKS!!!

2. Gravity_defies

Gravity_defies New Member

gnr anyday ya....

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Don't generalize...some of the most talented musicians in history have played pop music.

And there is nothing obvious about rock being a better genre...to each his own, it should be.

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

who the hell is stupid enough to compare nirvana to GUNS N ROSES??

5. shak

shak Harrr!

gnr for me"!

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

GnR Owns ...
    Nirvana suxx ...

7. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

look....whether G'n'R is better or NIRVANA, it's too difficult to decide and comes down to personal choice. Both g'n'r and nirvana had a tremendous impact on their kinda music....
    g'n'r revived rock 'n' roll with their 'apetite for destruction' album and nirvana did the same for alt.rock with their 'nevermind'

personally...they were both great but i like g'n'r better since it's my fav band

and about the britney thing.....well britney is more popular cause she is a CURRENT star while nirvana and g'n'r were YESTERDAY's stars...it's like asking who is more popular, Shah rukh or Dilip Kumar?....obviously shah rukh is more popular currently..but dilip kumar was more popular in his time
    the same thing applies here....g'n'r and nirvana were as popular if not more, than britney in their time

and one thing i can bet all my money on is that they'd still be more popular than britney if axl and slash were together and cobain was alive today

hey..can u smell that...that smells like....smells like....teen spirit

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Don't kid yourself. Michael Jackson was more popular than them even while they were at their peak.

9. shak

shak Harrr!

its about the appeal ... not many people go for rock that easily ... soft rock is the obvious choice ... or better yet ... POP! .. maybe thats why michael was more popular ..
    but anyway ... slash played for michael ... so in a way ..
    you get my point ...

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

precisely. Pop appeals to a lot more people than rock. That is all there is to it. I wish other people stopped attributing the success of pop to lack of rock. The genres have always co-existed and the former has always had a bigger market.

As for Slash, he played for Michael Jackson on a couple of songs ( Give in to me, Dirty Diana...both lovely songs) on Dangerous whereas his greatest hit ever albumwise has been Thriller and even though Van Halen ripped our hearts out there, to attribute michael's success to Van Halens solo would be silly.

Michael, however, has always used the best guitarists on his albums....Thriller saw Van Halen, Bad saw Stevie Stevens, Dangerous saw Slash and Invincible saw Carlos Santana add a few. Prior to this he worked with the insanely awesome guitarist Larry Carlton (arguably one of the best sessions guitarists ever).

Most of these guitarists have always overshadowed this one guitarist David Williams who is one of the best rythm players around. He's the guy playing on Billie-Jean.

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

David Wiliams suxx ... :p: he did some wicket keeping for South Africa (or was it West Indies?) if i am not mistaken ..

anyway the King of Pop Mic Jackson rulez, and ofcourse that is why his name - King of Pop.

anway I hate GnR due to the excessive hedonist life style of theirs (i am jelous :mad: ) ...
    and Nirvana coz they sound so damn frustrated and pissed of with life ...

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Are you on dope?

You are probably talking about Stuart Williams or Dave Richardson.

Even if you're not, I think it's quite possible for two people to share a name.

13. chill_jd

chill_jd New Member

see michael used slash and van halen and all tht clearly indicates he himself knows rock ppl are FAR MORE talented...you mus see the video of one of the concert of jackson in which slash comes and plays mind blowing guitar he must be feelin ignored among ppl cause all were appreceatin slash!!!!!what say pop lovers???.....i recently read that mltr tried their hands on rock but they cant so they continued wid pop!!!LOOSERS.....rock ppl can do this pop thing but pop guys doing rock n roll forget it!!!

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

This post is quite embarressing to even read. Quite possible the stupidest in all of IGT and trust me, having written some stupid ones myself...that is really saying something.

I refuse to even respond.

15. riffer

riffer New Member

Guns and roses......start head banging

16. cool_is_rule

cool_is_rule Lead Guitarist

GNR rocks ............ :beer:

cOoL iS :rule:

17. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

few votes for nivana ?

nirvana isnt so diaapointing

18. jekyll

jekyll Banned

it is ...

read my 31st post

19. fingerz'n'fretz

fingerz'n'fretz New Member

hey guys i think its pretty lame to compare these 2 bands yaar! :think: ... i mean they r from 2 complete different genere's (rock origin) 1 plays grunge n the other plays antiwar rock how can u ask some1 to choose between water & air dont we need both 4 survival.... well i luv nirvana mebbe slightly lil more than GnR but in my opinion both rule :rock:

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

just a question..what was the point of htis poll??

and lesser people voted for nirvana cuz they have heard from their rather "more knowledgeable peers" that nirvana is a crappy band.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.