Nirvana VS Guns n Roses

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Sep 23, 2005.

?

You r fan of which group ?

1. Nirvana

20 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. Guns n Roses

42 vote(s)
    67.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

okie this not a competition :dance: ...but just a discussion :cool:
    which bands has got more fans .??
    thats Alt Rock vs Rock n Roll band
    .Both of these bands had a history of Rivalry between them....even i think once Axl rose n Kurt cobain had a fight ...even Slash himself said that in 1990s Grunge rock was popular n Nirvana was one of them ..n they were pissd off by Nirvana
    s new Record "SMELLS Like teen spirit"....

which band u think was better...?

2. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Yeah, Axl and Cobain never shared a friendly realtion even though Axl was a great fan of Nirvana in the beginning. It all started when Axl Rose asked Cobain to have Nirvana open up for GN'R for one of their live shows. Kurt turned Axl down and taunted him in the press. Things got worse and Axl challenged Kurt Cobain to a fight during the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards.....

Personally, i find it difficult to make a choice btn them as both of them are my favs.. grange or whatever I like Nirvana and I like GNR too..... just wish that Cobain was still there and Axl was still with slash, making great music......

3. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I'd vote for Nirvana. I hate GnR after I heard that Knockin' On Heaven's Door (the only song I liked) was originally by Eric Clapton. When I first started playing guitar, Nirvana was my fav band. (Not now of course).

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

NIRVANA RULEZZZZZZZZ..... :rock:

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Quite Incorrect. The song was originally by Bob Dylan.

I personally think Britney Spears has more fans than either of them.

6. anshphenomenon

thats correct..because she has a kinda music which is more popular with those ppl who havent heard much of rock music...or havent experimented...

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

If that statement was valid, you could quite easily say the same thing about rock music...it is popular with people have not experimented.....enough

8. anshphenomenon

how can u say that..
    rock has a lot of variety in its music..
    metal is a different genere than rock,..
    so how do u think ppl who havent experimented rock actually like it?? :think:

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Exactly. I cannot say that. I just said that if the statement I quoted was valid, then I could also have said that. What I meant by saying that was that your statement about the popularity of Britney Spears was invalid since it is obvious that what I have said is invalid.

Lack of appeal of a genre cannot be attributed as a fault of the listeners failing to "experiment". What you have to realize is that for most people, music is a form of entertainment more than an art. Thus, by saying that, what I'm trying to say is that I find the topic of the thread highly insignificant.

How does the number of fans decide anything? I dislike the wording of the second question....they are both immensely popular bands with millions of fans, belonging to different genres of music. How on earth would you decide who was better? If you went on popularity alone, Britney would beat them both hands down and I'm sure most people on the forum would not think she is actually better.

A better way of putting it is which of the two do you prefer? Even then I wouldn't like the question because it would make me choose between two entirely different bands....like making me choose between ladoos and papad.

I'm not trying to start a fight. I'm just tired of <band> Vs <band> threads.

10. anshphenomenon

well said buddy!!
    i agree with u..
    no fights here..just a healthy discussion...
    :beer:

11. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well both are icon bands ......but i like Rock n Roll than Alt.Rock so vote goes to G n R

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

erm, sorry to dissapoint you but g'n'r is not rock and roll.

for crying out loud...

13. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^^ no man .. i heard their interview on channel V ....slash himself said that Gn R is a rock n roll band...

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Since I know little to nothing about classification into genres, I'll take your word for it :beer:

15. gnr311982

gnr311982 New Member

gnr rocks mannnnnnn

16. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

for the people interest.......i added a Poll ...for some chit chat ...

Vote, which one is u fav ..band ?

17. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Dude u r the only one .....

I have argued for the sake of both the guys on diffrent threads .. But i personally feel GNR is better that Nirvana .. Though both are great .......

GNR had better music and stage presence and did last for a yr more than nirvana i guess ....

Anyway let both the great bands RUST IN PEACE .........

AXL bugger is dead to the world .......

And its true that Knocking on Heavens door is Dylans original ...

But clapton has also played it .. so have Greatful Dead ......

18. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

me preferes GNR.....

19. suvojitbanerjee

suvojitbanerjee New Member

G n R is ever ROCKING

G n R is much more popular than Nirvana. Specially the Guiterist.------Mind Blowing.

20. suvojitbanerjee

suvojitbanerjee New Member

Wash out....

G n R will wash out Nirvana By Their November Rain----------- Spashhhhhhhhh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.