Nightwish sack Tarja Turunen

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by the_wizard, Oct 24, 2005.

1. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

hehe...heard this today.. unexpected stuff. Why dont they sack the retarded keyboardist??

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

lol..yea...nd they are seriously considering getting a new vocalist...a female...nd one of the probables is Nicole Bogner ex Visions of Atlantis

4. shsnawada

I seriously wish the same happens to the fear factory vocalist. the replacement doesnt seem bad....

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

oh yes...Nicole is good...but so far its just a rumour

6. shsnawada

But this band is not tool. Rumours mean something aswell. It would be awesome to have lord worm as guest vocals on one of the nightwish songs.

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

that wud be awesome....lord worm with nightwish..amazing...btw ddi u read the letter on the band site.....if not here it is....

i found it kinda funny at times

8. shsnawada

Publicity.....

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

publicity..:nw:

if she actually behaves wht the dudes said in the letter...then i guess she deserved to be kicked out....

10. shsnawada

Very true :beer: Why arent there more people who care about nightwish??

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

tell her am starting a band ...

she can knock my doors :grin:

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

there are...but guess they are not logged on

anyway....is this a sign of things to cm for other female fronted bands....where the chix r getting most attention and acting demanding

13. shsnawada

Funny that there were only 4 people looked at this thread and there are 11 (12 now) replies.

14. tejas

tejas ..........

Publicity is damn right. Whenever I think of Nightwish, only Tarja comes to mind, so I guess it might not be the same. But after reading that letter, I think a lot of people are gonna think the other four are trOO musicians and start supporting them.

15. shsnawada

One bi tch down. A few more billion to go....

16. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Sucks I guess. Tarja was Nightwish in my opinion. I never really cared for anything else the band had to offer: riffs, leads, drums..nothing other than Tarja's heavenly voice.

17. shsnawada

The band would have been so much better without the keys... But tarja should have been there. This is just to make her next project more famous....

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I have read so mny interviews of female fronted bands. its kinda obvious that if there is a band with female vocals (esp rock/metal genre) its the female who gets the majority of spotlight.
    Recently I exchanged a bunch of e-mails with Andrea Ferro (male vocalist Lacuna Coil), before this Tarja incident, and he ws pretty comfortable with Cristina Scabbia (female vocalist of Lacuna Coil) getting majority of the publicity because that is obvious in any case.

I guess the antics of Tarja, that were mentioned in the letter were the main cause of this debacle. If it is true then I must say the band members have taken a brave decision. But whether it is actually the truth or a bunch of exagerrated statements we can never know.

19. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

How come i never saw this thread... :think:
    i care!

jamhead likes this.
  20. shsnawada

how would nightwihsh without her be anyway? I think they said they would change styles