Niccolo Paganini

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jekyll, Oct 10, 2005.

1. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

theres always been a lot of mysticism surrounding paganinis life..
    and he was a great showman and a brilliant business man..who encouraged rumours that he had sold his soul to the devil for the skills he had on the violin.

5th caprice is just ONE of his pieces...he sure was a violin shredder..technically brilliant.

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Cool info Dharam. Any links or pointers to the devil. I can sell my soul for some great Guitar or Violin skills. All the time I wasted practising. Could have sold the damn soul and become a legend by now :annoyed: . :rule:

3. jekyll

jekyll Banned

LOL

that reminds me of a movie where it is shown that all the famous personalities are the ones who have sold their souls to devil ...

forgotten the movie ... it was a nice one ...
    and yeah the Paganini 5th caprice coming your way

4. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

@ronnie--i havent looked for links on the web..i read a book where he was mentioned..and they had a picture of him..trust me..he looks very very weird...

i dont know if malmsteens site..
    www.yngwie.org

is updated yet..if the sites updated.u are bound to get some links for nicollo paganini.
    and if some of u guys didnt know ..malmsteen picked up paganinis caprice by EAR.
    SOME FEAT.

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ooo and ronnie..in the book was mentioned..that though the selling his soul to the devil most probably didnt happen..he certainly encouraged the rumour...cause it brought a lot of people to his shows..many out of curiosity.
    see there..master business man at work..unlike MOZART i think..who despite being HIM died a pauper.

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

whatever, paganini :nw:

7. shak

shak Harrr!

as suspected malmsteen has done pagnini as well .. and especially the caprice 5 .. found another guitarist... from israel .. at music.download.com ... he has done caprice 5 as well .. guitars do, do justice to this piece .. and since last half hour i have been trying to get ma fingers goin as well .. but to be honest.. i have only managed first 50 seconds ... :( .. the rest is just to much for me .. wish i had longer fingers .. and my middle finger would OBEY ME!!! :mad:

8. guitarfreak_106

guitarfreak_106 New Member

Heard Paganini used to collect his pieces soon after an orchestra so that no one copied his work ( remember van halen). Heard the beautiful Caprice covered by Jason Becker.
    I love neo-classical music. Jason Becker's Altitudes is one of favourite neo-classical compositions. Yngwie of course rules this genre.

9. shak

shak Harrr!

adn i also read that he was a gmbling addict ... once he even pawned his violin for that! .. and he had a performance comin up so he asked a rich local to lend him his violin for the show .. the rich man did so .. and when paganini tried to return the expensive violin the rich guy refused to take it back .. paganini treasured that violin for his life .. and still that violin manufacturer uses paganini's name to sell its violin at double the price (must be americans .. huh capitalist pigs)

10. ronnieanand

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

so are the british (capitalist piggy thing) :p:

12. ronnieanand

I just heard the Caprice 5 in A by Paganini. Dont blast me but that was one serious piece of crap. I even felt whether Paganini loved music or just wanted to mindlessly shred to gain popularity. Check this Flight Of The Bumblebee. At least that had some mindful melody.

Beethoven Ninth Symphony really rocks. His 5th Symphony is okay too. Check out the Four Seasons by Vivaldi. Mozart 26th Symphony. These are serious master pieces.

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:nw: was for his shredding abilities ...

to tell u frankly i dont hold the modern day shredders in any high regard ...
    nope ... i dont

my only reason to :nw: was that Paganini had made the music for violin which todays shredders try to emulate thats it ...

personally i feel Chopin, Mozart and Beethoven more MELODIOUS ... (not heard Vivaldi)

and to top it ... i feel the 12 bar blues ... and I -> IV -> V progression as well as the vi -> V -> IV progressions as the best sounding ... and :rock: ones ...

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

as an after thought

his pieces sound nice if u slow down the playing :grin:
    that was u cab enjoy the variations more

15. ronnieanand

Go buy Vivaldi Four Seasons asap. It's one of the greatest works ever. Simply mind blowing stuff.

16. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Classical and Neo-classical music sucks.

17. ronnieanand

Classical Music rocks. Neo classical done the way like Blackmore or Steve Howe did rocks. All 80s sweep picking posers suck. Ego went to their brains and their heart lost the music. :annoyed:

18. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@ronnie - yeah i love classical music as well!
    @bobbit - dun mention u hat eneo classical .......lord _ neo will get angry and perform the shiva dance:p:

19. shak

shak Harrr!

yes as ronnie said .. get vivaldi's four seasons .. ESPECIALLY SPRING .. its beautiful ..

as far as paganini is concerned ..well i think it aint that bad... it is supposed to be more of a clown show rather than the master piece .. paganin was famous for this .. he neva really took music seriously ..he was a showman ... and he really rocks in that respect ..

where as other pieces are concerned .. listen to moonlight sonata .. or piano sonata no 14 by beethoven .. that guy ... did all that sonata .. extempor! .. he neva wrote it .. he was sitting there with his student (with whom he was in love as well ..DUH) .. and he played this .. on the spot ..for her .. its brilliant!

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Isnt paganinis most famous work the Moto Perpertuo (or something like that)...Paul Gilbert plays that in his song YRO( Yngwie Rip Off) ... Jared will surely elaborate.