Next tool album

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by shsnawada, Sep 18, 2005.

1. tejas

tejas ..........

^^Hmm...don't think so. Justin Owns on this one. Well, LOTS of theories going around, about how this is just a decoy album and stuff. Well, NOBODY really knows, but if this IS a decoy album, its a DAMN GOOD decoy album. Whatever. TOOL pwns.

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Where did you hear that? Toolarmy?

3. vishalj

vishalj Banned

It might not be a decoy album but there's gonna be another cd, a double disc. Get ready to fork out 1000 bucks for this if it is.

4. shsnawada

Yeah, but even though its expensive, the price would probably go down after a few months (i'll buy it then)

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

i dont give a shit...I'll 1k is pretty dcent for a double disc edition

6. shsnawada

Its not a decoy album. Fact. And they changed their record label again. This time to Zomba Records . What a name!

7. tejas

tejas ..........

May 2nd.........

8. vishalj

vishalj Banned

May 2nd, but in India?

Hope we don't have to wait for a week or two extra. I haven't really gotten round to listening to the album myself other than a few tracks so I think I'll just wait

9. shsnawada

Also, the p2ps would be so ****ed up by false files and other things that its better to buy the album itself.

alpha1 likes this.
  10. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Thats why i only use torrents and that too after its got some comments

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Aint that an exaggeration?
    Ofcourse if you use crap-in-pants P2P like Kazaa etc, you run a bigger risk of downloading virii and spywares.

12. shsnawada

I dont mean the virii (i presume that everyone has grown out of that), but wrong files. Imagine youre a small band who wants popularity. If you call your song as "Tool - Vicarious" and extend your 5 minute song to seven minutes, and put it on a p2p like bit torrent or limewire, then imagine how many people are going to actually hear your stuff.
    Also in tool's case a lot of details and effects are lost out even if you have a 320kbps version of the songs.

13. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Holy ****, I just heard this album and its awesome even though it reminded me of Lateralus (which I love). But wow.

..and its not a decoy, fake, hoax. Its the real thing. Its not a double disc. Can't wait to buy this.

14. tejas

tejas ..........

Yeah, its been released in some parts of Europe. No double disk people, suck it up. The album is awesome. Though I've stopped listening, 'cause I want it to have a certain affect when I buy it. Oh, it comes with Sterioscopic Glasses, for the artwork.

15. shsnawada

The same thing that they used for lateralus?

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Im getting Lateralus and Opiate for free :grin:

17. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

lol don't count your CDs before they are acquired. ;) :rule:

18. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Its not in stores as yet and whats even worse is that they have no clue when it will come in.

wizard: How are you getting those cd's for free?

19. shsnawada

wizard: How are you getting those cd's for free?

And 10 dollars is only 8 euros. Thanks to this, i can spend the change on chocolate cookies. (chocolate cookies and tool!, damn)

20. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Which city in Europe are you from?

I have to wait maybe weeks to get my hand on this! :(