Next step ???

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by raveathon, Feb 17, 2006.

1. raveathon

raveathon New Member

Hi,
    I have a good knowledge about tabs until now and I am able to play certain songs though not the whole leads of the songs and with an understandable speed of my play, wanna learn chords well I donno how to go about it.

Should I continue with tabs > if yes then please let me know which songs can i choose for practise.
    > else suggest me some more things I need to Look upon,

I know that practise makes a man perrrrfct but also gotta choose the right path, hopin to get some replyzz for my quest from those Maestros out thr...

2. guitar_guru666

guitar_guru666 New Member

Well I dont claim to be a maestro but here are my 2 cents.
    Dont stop practicing your leads and keep at it with getting proficient with tabs. I dont know how familiar with scales but definitely learn all the shapes of the pentatonic scales, and basic major and minor scales.
    As with chords, once you hav mastered the basic chords (C,A,G,E,D) you should learn seventh chords and practice barre chords. Work on your strumming with some chord progressions.

3. raveathon

raveathon New Member

Cool Thanks a lot Dude ;)

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Now that you're comfortable with tabs, stop looking at them. Start working out song melodies by ear and then playing them.

As for chords, learn the basic open chord shapes. Practice basic changes.

5. guitar_guru666

guitar_guru666 New Member

good advice