Newbie Self Learner..... please help

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by guitarnovice, Oct 4, 2006.

1. guitarnovice

guitarnovice New Member

Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to guitars. I am trying to learn acoustic by myself. Are there any organized resources like books etc which can teach basics. Right now I am practicing chords A Am E Em G D Dm C. I went through websites suggested in this forum but they are all induvidual small articles, not something like a book with continuity. My dream is to become a lead guitarist

PLease help...a humble appeal to all experienced players/teachers there.

Thanks

2. jozko

jozko Banned

Welcome guitarnovice! All the best to you. May ur dream come true. Hope you find lot of info here. Lot of experts here to help you, just wait for them to post.

I just wanted to chk if u tried Dan Smith lessons? http://www.scenicnewengland.net/guitar/

rgds

3. limaj_daas

limaj_daas Guitar Pro Maniac

Welcome to the disoriented and screwed up forums of igt... reminds me of the NYC sewers:p:

Anywayz, so what do u want help with? you gotta learn a few basic things before you can become a half decent lead guitarist... Get a hold of some theory, because a lead guitarist is NOTHING without theory. And ya since i don't know how good ur pickign is.... i'll give a bit of generalized advice. USE A METRONOME... it'll make u faster. Play some easy lick, duzn't hav to be the hottest on earth but still, it should be a bit of a challenge to play for u. So play this lick slowly but perfectly... and increase the speed now and then. And when ur picking... try using both upstrokes and downstrokes. Strumming... have a rhythm in mind.

4. Intrinsic

Intrinsic New Member

5. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

got some stuff for u.......

so u need continuty..in ur learnings... i got 5MB.. of PDF stuff... but cant upload over here.. ur send ur I.D as PM to me... n i do my best to help....

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

store everything you get (Don't need to grasp those now) from vdo s to theory etc...Install guitar pro if you have a computer..... Try to love guitar (This is the best thing you can do.)....Don't ever think that you will become malmsteen in 5 months....Practice for 4-5 hours a day...Practice slowly....Don't go for short cuts.....Show what you are doing, to someone who knows how to play guitar (sometimes, ur technic can be seriously wrong, because no one to show you).............BEST OF LUCK

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

oh......Don't play chords now....Go for the chromatics, shapes etc...Play chords when you learn enuff theory to understand what they actually are...

8. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

get the theory...........

ya u r correct .. but how to get the theory for him.............. u do try to grt....

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I have published a chords theory named "YACT-YET ANOTHER CHORDS THEORY" in Guitar tutorial forum...That shud be on the forum in a few days...This will help a lot i think....Wait for that ;)

10. gauravaerora

gauravaerora New Member

I've posted plenty of guitar lessons for beginners in my blog..
    www.guitarlinks.blogspot.com
    i'd personally recommend u to download hal leaonard's guitar method,vmc play guitar and learning guitar for dummies