Newbie needs suggestions...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by omg, Apr 6, 2007.

1. omg

omg New Member

Hello all forum members.
    Am keen in learning Guitar and would like to buy an acoustic guitar between a range of Rs.3000 to Rs.4500.
    I stay in Mumbai and i have heard about shops like Furtados & Bhargavas. Are they the best place to buy a guitar or there are any other shops in Bombay.

Which company's guitar should be purchased and would be best.

Are the guitars already tuned up when we purchase it ?

Waiting for a reply.
    Thanking all members.
    (",)

2. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I've got a good feeling about Pluto guitars for beginners, Musicians Mall, just outside Charni Road Stn (E)

check them out, they're in your budget too

3. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

Pluto, Granada and GB&A are very good in that range

4. sayantan_guha

sayantan_guha New Member

in 3000 u'll get a good guitar i think..mine costs 1550...lol

tuning---it depends upon the shopkeeper

5. niks is music

niks is music New Member

from nikhil

if you take my point of view you should take a guitar of a well known company make sure its neck is straight and it comforts you.My suggetion is to take a guitar of HOBMER it is the best for beginners as well as for professionals. it is a good and known company and i wish you al the best.....

6. yazi

yazi Banned

^^^^Nice one. :RollLol:

7. omg

omg New Member

HI Friends.
    I just went on to Furtados shop and saw few nice stuff.
    I was impressed with the Granada dreadnought round guitar with blueburst color which costed around Rs.4000 + additional stuff like tuner and another was a basic yamaha costing Rs.5500.
    According to the experts which one should i opt for.
    Is Granada a better choice ??

8. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I would advise you to coax a friend who plays well to go with you the next time you visit a store. How a guitar feels and sounds is important and that is something only a seasoned player can help you with, you may be swayed by looks so don't be in a hurry

9. yazi

yazi Banned

I would always prefer the yamaha.

10. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

From Asmodeus

brOOtal Shit bro,

11. omg

omg New Member

i haven't heard about Hobmer. I knw there is a company named Hobner but i dunno anything about Hobmer.
    Granada would be a better choice than Hobmer ...
    What say, the Experts ??

12. yazi

yazi Banned

I second that!

13. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

hobmer is sumtn ull get in palika bazaar as well.......................................................dude........if ur worried bout tuning and dun hav enough money to buy a separate tuner..............buy the granada............................

14. omg

omg New Member

Does that mean Granada have no quality guitars ??
    Which one should i opt for then ??

15. fidach

fidach New Member

My friend wanted a new acoustic guitar (as he felt he outgrew his old one) and his teacher picked out a Pluto guitar for him from a music shop here in Pune. So I guess Pluto should be a good choice.

When I was at Furtados this Saturday, I saw a guitar teacher trying out 3-4 Yamaha F210s till he found one that he liked, to be bought for one of his students.

If you can convince your teacher to pick one for you (Yamaha/Pluto/...) I guess you can't go wrong with either.

Hope it helps,
    Amit.