Newbie.. Help Needed in a LOt of things..

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by jithin.sarath, Apr 8, 2009.

1. jithin.sarath

jithin.sarath New Member

Hi Guys,
    I want to learn guitar, and I have a LOT of questions in mind. SO here it goes..
    1) What to start with - Acoustic or Electric? I read many of the posts & stickies. Some say that go with acoustic, then learn electric. Others say that buy what you feel like playing. Foe me, I think I like playing an electric guitar. But i'd like to hear it form u guys, as u are more into this stuff.

In either case, I need help in buying the Guitar nd Amp(in case of electric). My Max budget for both would be 7000. In case of acoustic guitar I'll spend ~4000. I know i wouldn'y get big brands, but I'm looking for something decent.

2)How to learn? Do I go to a teacher or do I use internet resources? I do not have ANY basic knowldge in guitar.

PS: I stay in Bangalore.

Thnx in advance for helping me out..

Cheers..
    Jithin

2. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

3. jithin.sarath

jithin.sarath New Member

Thanx there for pointing out the link..

So, One of my questions is answered. I will start with an acoustic guitar. But what make? Or does it really matter? My budget will be ~3000 Rs. I'm in bangalore.

Jithin

4. Richard.Andrade

Richard.Andrade New Member

dude, its good to start with an accoustic.. brand would depend on your budget. As a beginner, as long as you pick a good piece, its fine. I personally prefer getting a feel of the guitar and making sure its a good piece with a good tone, hence the online option is ruled out. Since you are a beginner, its better you take someone along who can help you pick it.

5. mani_manu

mani_manu New Member

@Jatin...extend ur budget to 4000/- ...search the threads u'll come up with a make also....
    and i would suggest u go for a gud teacher....that will help u a lot....

6. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

I bought a pluto acoustic for Rs 2750 its a really nice acosutic guitar i really liked it and i still have it.