New York nagaram Chors

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by pnamblat, Sep 23, 2006.

1. pnamblat

pnamblat New Member

Dear All,
    Here's what I thought the chords were for the song, I have copied ksdil's lyrics over which I have posted my chords.Comments are welcome, I am a newbie to this site

Intro humming....(2 times)

C Am ( C to Am is after the first strum)
    G Am ( this humming you will see continues in the background after certain lines)

C9 = 032030

Am C9 Am C
    New York nagaram urangum neram thanimai adarndhadhe
    G Am FG Am G
    paniyum padarndhadhe kappal irangiye
    G Am GAm
    kaatrum karayil nadandhadhe
    Am C9 G Am F
    naangu kannaadi suvargalukkulle naanum mezhuguvarthiyum
    G Am G
    thanimai thanimayo (thanimai thanimaiyo)*
    G Am
    kodumai kodumaiyo

(New York)

oooooooo
    C9 G C G
    Pechellaam thaalaattu pola ennai uranga vaikka nee illai
    C9 G C G
    nilavin oliyil mutham thandhu kaalai coffee kodukka nee illai
    C9 G C G
    Vizhiyil vizhum thoosithannai naavaal edukka nee ingu illai
    C9 G C G
    manadhil yezhum kuzhappamthannai theerkka nee inge illai
    Am G Am G F C
    naan inge neeyum ange indha thanimayil nimishangal varushamaanadheno
    Am G Am G F C
    vaan inge neelam ange indha uvamaikku iruvarum vilakkamaanadheno

2. jozko

jozko Banned

pnamblat, into tamil too? great. seems well worked out one. will chk and try to comment. keep it up.

3. jozko

jozko Banned

pnamblat, i was trying the intro and they sound good! Just a question can
    C Am7 (Am7 x 0 2 0 1 0 ) possible or totally ruled out?

4. pnamblat

pnamblat New Member

Jozko,
    thanks for your comments for this thread and others.

I myself have only heard this song for the last 3-4 days on my PC and hence not very confident on all the chords, i have posted whatever sounded to me so that we can start discussing and improving any errors.

as for your query on Am7 , should be possible as the notes used are G & A in that melody.

You will also see that aftre each of these phrases
    adarndhadhe
    padarndhadhe
    nadandhadhe

You can use F chord to move back to G & Am, experts can clarify , in my opinion ARR might have layered these chords

5. jozko

jozko Banned

pnamblat, I don't have the song, i only have the intro part at present. And you should know, I am not good finding chords, nor i know a bit of theory. I hope subbu and others will join the discussion or take matter to experts Arun, J or Kish.

After i learn some theory, i want to ask u how u find chords from melody, that is a proper technique. I try by strumming and approximating, that's not good way and error prone. I guess ur chords are very good and u have explained in detail the chord shifts. It was good reading

6. pnamblat

pnamblat New Member

Jozko,
    Dont understimate yourself ! I did see your songs at youtube and you play guitar very well..
    For your info I have picked up playing guitar from my friends and havent done have any formal training..
    Quite impressed with this site , will try to add some mallu songs when I have time...

How does one create a separate Malayalam forum?

7. jozko

jozko Banned

I am learning from Internet pnamblat, unfortunately no classes in my area n no guitar friends. Obviously lot of mistakes and poor techniques in my playing. I submit videos so that if there are mistakes, i get corrected, esp english vids i submit to another forum and they help me improve. I want to learn a lot of malayalam songs too esp old. hope u will find some time to work on old IR songs as well.

I don't think mods will open a separate Malayalam forum here, unless there are lot of members requesting.

8. zee

zee New Member

what is this two guitarists are discussing on a beautiful song hey jozko do you need the track i shall mail it as a attachment to give me your mail id (if you insist )

is that song really so tuff

pnamblat do ARR compose such complicated chords didnt he use simple one for great songs like roja, robaroo ...etc

your chords are perfect plz try to simplify it it would be easy to learn for beginners like me...

cheers

9. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

hi zee and all,
    i played this song with help of my friend. recorded in his computer also.
    https://geocities.com/storagesea/song.mp3

i used Am, F, G, C chords only for this.

PS: If anyone has got soundclick ID, pls upload and post the url. in yahoo this file cannot be accessed all time:eek::

10. jozko

jozko Banned

sssshhhh... hehe i tried one from net, it was scrambled except the start. will try another or PM u.

Yes I'm sure it is a beautiful song, start reminded of roobaroo. ARR things can be really simple and yet very musical. i like him using acoustics lately. Think strumming is 'key' to the song, chords may be simple.

zee, good to have pnamblat here. Great chords. He started the thread and I just joined :)

@guitarboy d/ling ur work. great to post audios, they'll help

rgds

11. jozko

jozko Banned

Great stuff guitarboy!! loved it. u should post on IGT tracks. great recording! post more plz. Will try to get OST, rgds

12. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

thanks jozko

the link i provided is not working.
    IGT disabled right click, else 'save as' option could be used!

creating soundclick ID to host my recordings.. it takes more than 2 days i believe:(

EDIT: https://us.share.geocities.com/storagesea/song.mp3

This link seems to work!

13. jozko

jozko Banned

Guitar boy, disable javascripts in browser and u can use right clicks. IGT disabled it through scripts for some Ads hits, i think.
    I never knew soundclick too that time. create an a/c on youtube and do video/audio sessions there. it is simple and quick, rgds

14. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

hey... guyzzzzzzz
    the chords r quite tufff. couldn't manage the movement....

15. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

so plssss .. transposition the chords... by some means. so tat beginers like me can manage playing tamil songs

16. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

17. jozko

jozko Banned

Haven't tried yet, but is it really tough sheerig? Am C needs lift and shift of one finger only. Think here Am C9 and G also have similar shape. And they are all open chords too. Maybe pnamblat/some will make it simpler. let's wait. till then we practivce these. Movement comes gradually. Very good to have pnamblat here. Tamil section needs huge lift. So many beautiful tamil songs to be explored

Hey thx a lot for that site!! Will chk it. cheers

18. jozko

jozko Banned

sheerig i think mods might remove reference to that sites :)) but thanks i got it

19. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

ya..... i'll be greatfull to u..... and one more ting.... there are so many tamil songs by haris jayaraj... and ARR.. but someone got to put them out.. bro tell me ur net speed...

20. jozko

jozko Banned

mine is 256Kbps sheering. u gonna upload mp3s?? it's illegal be careful :p