new years eve tips??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jayna_420, Dec 18, 2006.

1. jayna_420

jayna_420 New Member

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
    Hey all!

My boyfriend and I are spending New years in India this year and I was hoping that some of you guys can give me a few tips on where to go :D

We fly in on New years eve, and I have never really spent much time in mumbai, so I don't know it well.

We wanna go for dinner in a cool place? or maybe a street party kinda thing? I have nothing so far, so any tips will help..

Lots of hugs

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

New to Mumbai eh...

There are tons of cool places to have dinner in Mumbai, list down your prefrences in terms of budget, type of cuisine and location. It'll help recommending a nice place.

Regarding the street party thing, no clue, as Im not into clubbing.
    The lounges and discs are pretty expensive though. Any prefrences there???

3. jayna_420

jayna_420 New Member

Thanx for you reply wizardji :)

We fly into the international airport. We haven't booked a hotel, but it will be quite central. Budget is about Rs.4000 in total (£50 or so, i think thats Rs.4000). We both love food in general (lol) so any place that serves good food is good with us! :D

We are taking a train to go to a safari on New years day, so we dont want a heavy night. You know.... romantic bomantic si jaga :D

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Ok, Im assuming that you'll stay somewhere not too far from the airport.

There is this suburb called Bandra (quite central). There are plenty of places to eat there. Im suggesting a few, they are pretty romantic from my point of view dont exactly know your and your BFs definition of 'romantic' so dont lynch me in case u didnt like it.
    1. Asia Wok (Chinese cuisine) -- Go to Shoppers' Stop mall at Bandra (Linking Road). Try getting the seats next to the windows, they are tinted but the best available.
    2. Sheesha (Mughlai/desi Cuisine) -- Above Asia Wok, same building. Its a rooftop restaurant. But, no liquor here. They serve Hukka which is mindblowing.
    3. Olive (Mixed cuisine) -- Located at Pali Hill (Bandra). Amazing place and even better food.
    4. Out of the Blue (Mixed Cuisine) -- Again Pali Hill (Bandra). Very nice place.

If you are willing to go a little far away towards South Mumbai, then you can visit 'Cafe Mogambo' -- Located at Colaba next to a place called "Bombay Store".

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

BTW, with your budget you can easily try someplace like a 5 star hotel. I never fancy them but its all upto what you think is ok.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

an NRI with such a limited budget?

:phbbt:

7. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

4k is not enough to spend New Year's at a 5-star hotel.

I would highly recommend 'Out Of The Blue' at Pali Hill, Bandra...a very romantic way to spend the evening. They have live music and the ambience is excellent.

A filling meal would amount to about Rs. 1,000 /- (perhaps Rs. 500 /- more with alcohol). I would not advise going to a nightclub on New Year's as it will be expensive and terribly crowded. Rather head to the waterfront at Bandra Reclamation and enjoy some quiet time together.

Afterwards you can head to a cafe / lounge such as 'Le Chocolat' at Khar for some desserts and their exotic teas. Moreover it's open till 1:30 AM.

8. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

4k is more than enough for Pizza Hut if you love pizzas ;)

Out of the Blue as dmf said rocks man..

9. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

@Jayna if your budget and time permits you then go to goa.Lots of street partying and delicious seafood.Nothing will beat the experience.

zicky5608 likes this.
  10. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Beer, Beer, Beer.

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Abey hyperbole. :p

I ve heard bout La Chocolat....never been there.
    Exact location bol.

12. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

^^^^:p: grow up
    She z asking for a off way romantic dining location and you come up with this:shock:

13. rohit

rohit New Member

^he will grow up in few years.

14. death_metal_fan

Touché.

It's on Linking Road. Here is the address:

Le Chocolat,
    Plot No.500, Sant Kutir Bldng.,
    Shop No.5, Linking Rd., Khar (W), Mumbai

15. death_metal_fan

Have you been to Goa during New Year's Eve? It's a madhouse (and not in a good way).

16. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Donate that money to a poor rock band.....They will entertain you in their jam room for about 1 hour :D....They will remember you with a new set of Cymbals :D

alpha1 likes this.
  17. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Yeah you are right that way but i still quiet liked it.

18. shak

shak Harrr!

@jayna: did you watch "Losing Gemma" last night? (it will be on ITV again tonight) .. this couple goes to Goa in India, looked like a jolly fine place to me! especially that Fernandes Hotel .. haha ... very coool indeed!

though i dont know how cold it would be over there during january ..

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ It'll be pretty pleasant.
    Goa is never cold.
    Infact none of the coastal India is ever.

20. jayna_420

jayna_420 New Member

Thanks every one! you all rock :D

@Wizardji- Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! il need to do my research on the places you suggested :) will def check some of them out.
    ps. 5* not my style either...

@ Alpha- not all NRI's are loaded! im working 48hours a week to fund this! if you know many NRI's who are willing to give a donation i might be able to work less!!!

@ death metal fan- i get a good feeling about your idea...thanks!

@ Zicky5608- All the way to Mumbai for Pizza Hut?!?! That's like you coming to London to have rus malai!

@ nazr- i cant go to Gos as i only have until the 6th of Jan when i go to my villiage... but thank you!

@ the Devil- you have the right idea!lol!

@ Born to tab- thanks for sticking up for me :) *have a hug*

@ ronnieanand- Thanks but ummmmm....thanks.....um, i hope you find them under your xmas tree :grin:

@ Shak- i missed it! i only read the replies today... anyhow, i have been to goa- too many NRI's there already ;)

xxciao!xx