New Tulsi Guitar !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by TheDevil, Jan 23, 2007.

1. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Haha if I were to put up my attempt at recording an entire song (that too my own) you'd think you were Dimebag himself! Multiply the sloppiness of my clips by 100.

Moving on, POST THE CLIPS! I wanna hear that maple neck.

P.S: Someone tell me how you get all the oodles of sustain from your guitars!! My guitar has a set mahogany neck with a mahogany body AND I STILL CAN'T GET MORE THAN 5 F.CKING SECONDS OF SOUND!

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Use compander + distortion.
    :)

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

If you in Bangalore, I will show you how to get 2 days of sustain.......otherwise use a compressor.....but there a nicer ways to get it too........

4. thehundredthone

I am in Bangalore, but I doubt it would help because I can't play for nuts X(

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Tell me how does your guitar sustain UNPLUGGED? are yu having HIGH OUTPUT PICKUPS? Seriously if it is Mahogany and a set neck Mahogany it should sustain well.

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

dont worry theone.....i suck at playing guitar too but ronnie can work miracles :) ...i know from experience :p

7. ronnieanand

He's talking about the long sustain........Natural sustain of the guitar doesn't matter here......High Driven Compressed Sustain is what he's looking at.....Natural Sustain is good, when you play not with much gain......With your Gain set to high, it does't make much difference......

8. thehundredthone

@jocelyn: I'll let you know how long it sustains unplugged by tonight.

@ronnieanand: How about both? I wouldn't mind getting some nice sustain on low/no gain settings.

9. ronnieanand

Good natural sustain of your guitar ie. sustain even when the guitar is unplugged is about how your guitar is made. Set Necks have more sustain than Bolted Neck ones. But my Parker which is a Bolt-In has more sustain than the Tulsi LP. It's much loud also even without plugging in. Then sustain depends a lot on how smooth your vibrato technique is. It also depends on the type of pickups. I have this Lace Sensor Gold in my Squier. It keeps the sound open, without compressing and also gives tremendous sustain and this is not that 2 days sustain. This is simple and nice. There are lots of factors that go in. As simple as increasing the height of your pickup can increase the sustain too. But it's better if you go and show this to somebody personally. You can exactly figure out the problem.

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

You can really feel good quality wood and construction when you play unplugged. Ronnie's Parker has this deep sustain and loud sound, which jumps out easily as soon as you touch the strings.My Tulasi PRS and his LP dont really have that.That depth in sound and volume is missing, although the body/neck vibrates well for a reasonably long time. A tune-o-matic type hardtail bridge also helps.

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Good Natural Sustain will boil down to how well a guitar is construted. PRS claims his Bolt on's sustain as well as his SET NECKS and the only diff you will hear is the tone and attack..
    Another problem is HIGH OUTPUT PICKUPS can affect the natural string vibrations...

12. thehundredthone

^^ I have high output pickups and I play through hi-fi speakers. I guess that just about ruins everything.

@TheDevil: Stop catering and make CLIPS!

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I was making a general satement... My JB sounds thin and !@#$ if placed away from the strings.. and SOUNDS AMAZING when placed close. Your HI_FI SPEAKERS would ruin a bit, if not a lot. Also very imp is how well ur guitar is constructed and made... this is where how well a guitar is made comes into picture.. The reason I asked for the unplugged sutain is because that would eventuly help in the overall sustain. What wood is gone in the Guitar will also play a role..Also the Bridge..

14. thehundredthone

Like I said before, it's a
    Mahogany body -> 1 piece mahogany set neck
    Tun-o-matic bridge with stop tail.
    WB360 high output pickups.

My vibrato (or is it tremolo??) technique sucks. I can't hold a note to save my life. The sustain without that is about 5 seconds (audible to me) which I'm thinking is not that good.

15. mammon

mammon New Member

where is this place neway and was the fone no???

16. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^^^
    Tulsi Guitars
    Mr. T. Venkoba Sha
    No. 12 Arunachala Naicken street,
    Chintadripet, Chennai - 600002
    Land Line: 044-28527263
    Email: mm_craft@yahoo.com

try mailing him first....

17. Tube Screamer

Tube Screamer New Member

Are the "Tulsi" stock pickups good?

How do they sound?

How much does he charge for his pups?

18. rohit

rohit New Member

congrats devil!
    nice looking guitar!

19. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^Thanks bro !

20. Double Click

Double Click New Member

They are average. Better than the stuff u find on low end Ibanezs but not as clear as the higher end branded stuff. If u play with the volume and tone knob, u can get some useable tones.