New Tulsi Geetaaaar!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Double Click, May 31, 2006.

1. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

the finish looks awsome. does tulsi deliver the guitars to delhi

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Marshall MG(15)CD I guess

DC d00d, dont tell me you are getting satisfactory tones for a range of artists just from the MG and EQing..not even any boutique stompbox can do ALL tones
    Plus dont you find the OD channel to be super noisy?

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I meant I can get close to those type of tones. Not the exact tones.
    The only tone I get spot on is the AC/DC tone.

It was an MG30DFX.

The thing I noticed most was how many variations were possible within the 1st 1/2 turn of the gain knob. It seems to be very sensitive in that region. Plus if u keep the gain at low to medium levels, it cleans up if u turn down the volume and pick light.

The OD channel is noisy when my friend plays his strat through it, but my guitar is pretty quite unless I crank the gain past 70%.

I will try and record some samples if u guys want.

4. Double Click

Double Click New Member

@ god_of_guitar .. The pic doesnt do justice to the looks of the guitar. However, fingerprints show up like crazy so I have to keep wiping it.

I think Tulsi will ship guitars to delhi. ronnie will have more info on that. If you want Tulsi's number/eml id / web site, pm me.

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@God of Guitar. Tulsi ships guitars to Delhi or any other place you want through GATI. It seems to be pretty reliable and till now there hasn't been any complaint.

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ok thnx. can he make a jem shaped guitar

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Just send him the pic by email.
    And also link to any website.

8. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ok and what is the avg cost and how much time does he take.

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

My MG15 is quite unusable past 4-5 on the gain, and as soon as you hit the OD button, the noise is pretty bad.Its not the guitar, coz a high gain pedal on clean channel is decently quiet.As you said dynamics are pretty good, and it feels natural to play.Maybe its a prob only with the MG15. I tried out 3 or 4 at different times, all the same.Also, I have blown big bucks on a Rocktron Silver Dragon, so I might be biased:p:
    Forget single coils with the OD channel,way too noisy.

10. ronnieanand

He has made such guitars but I am not sure if he can make those Vine Of Life inlays...

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ Could it be a grounding/cable problem? I used to hate MG's because of the noise when I tried it out at shops and at a couple of my friend's houses. But this guy uses some sensitive electronic eqiupment so he has a couple of specially set up plug points, one of which we used for the amp. so maybe that explains it.

A basic Tulsi guitar costs Rs 8K. Floyd is 5K additional. Radical shapes may cost more.

12. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Oh and he took 2 months to build mine.

13. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

how much time does he take

14. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ok sorry i saw your post aftr i posted mmine

15. ronnieanand

It's not about Radical Shapes...It just depends on how much more wood gets used up...A Strat has a simple compact body where as the LP required more wood especially if you want to make it fast and also for the carved top..For things like explorer or Fly V, the body length is more requiring longer pieces of wood. So even if it's a simple rectangle but want it huge, then it's gonna cost more..and a explorer made very small within the size of a strat will cost the regular price..

16. livfstdieyoung

livfstdieyoung New Member

and i wanted to know if there were any tuning issues uguys ve heard??

17. livfstdieyoung

livfstdieyoung New Member

query

guys ...do u have any idea wat tat tulsi guy wil charge fr a les paul copy ?
    and also if i wanted it wiodut the electronix...n pickups..
    thanx

18. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ Rahul?

He used to charge 9K. Why dont u call him and ask?

19. Double Click

Double Click New Member

The tuning is prety stable. As long as u dont go crazy with the trem.

I tune mine abt once a month. It usually drifts by abt 5-10% in a month (thats what AP tuner says)