New to the forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by amalankar, Dec 15, 2011.

1. amalankar

amalankar New Member

Hi all!

My name is Amol. I'm a musician from the USA, born in Mumbai, and soon to be doctor. This site is great!! So many people conversing from around the world.. i'm happy to be a part of it! Please take a look at a song that my friend and I covered last nite, from the band Fuzon!!

Tere Bina Fuzon Acoustic Guitar + Vocal Cover Candlelight Version - YouTube

Enjoy!! I'm glad to join you all!
    -Amol

2. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi Amol,

Welcome on board. Thanks for your kind words about the site.

I looked at the video. I must say, you two guys are awesome !

Here's my view. Both of you are great, however, I personally felt the sound of guitar was over-powering the vocals. It was a little too stronger. It's may be because of the setup or the tools used for recording or positioning of the tools. May be you guys can work on it and see how it'd sound if you reduced the sound of guitar a bit.

That's the only thing, according to me, that requires improvement, rest all is awesome :),.

Cheers, keep 'em coming. You can post your gigs in 'IGT Soundtrack Sub-Forum'.

PS: Nice room :) .. and yeah that tumbler of water is huge :D

3. amalankar

amalankar New Member

Thank you for your comments!!

I totally agree with you about the sound! We used the mic on the video camera to capture the sound so we couldn't adjust levels later.. too bad! When I become a pro I'll mic each instrument separately LOL!!! We tried doing it softer but it took away from the feel of the song.. it needed to upbeat and exhilarating!!

hahah and the water is a staple!! Always have a nice big jug of water on hand hahahahha!

Thanks again!
    -Amol

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

you're both very good...I hope you stick around and post more recordings. I look forward to hearing more from you.

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

good stuff guys..

6. amalankar

amalankar New Member

@bjr: We're definitely going to stick around and make some more covers for you all! Thank you for the comments!! Please SUBSCRIBE!!! :)

-Amol

7. amalankar

amalankar New Member

@rickkkyrich

Thanks!! Subscribe!!

8. amalankar

amalankar New Member

9. amalankar

amalankar New Member

We're working on a new song and this time we are going to track it professionally ;) So stay tuned, it should be up in a few days!!
    -Amol