new strings

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by deathdr_87, Jan 6, 2005.

?

which strings?

1. Dean Markeleys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fenders

7.7%
  3. Ernie Balls

92.3%
  1. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

its settled - ernie ball it is - now im deciding on which ones - super slinkies or power slinkies - wats the difference between these two?
    @h4: i couldnt find the ghs boomers here

2. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Seems like a very short list for a poll. And what is the reason for a poll? Am assuming you can't decide what strings you want on your guitar or maybe you work for a guitar shop and want to know which one's to sell ;)

Cheers!

P.S. I personally like Ernie Ball Slinky 9's and also the D'Addarios XL 9's

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I dont use either of the 3 in the poll. I use rotosound strings worth 300 bucks. Neer tried any other brand,cuz they are just too costly :( . Nebody else use rotosound here?

4. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Super Slinkies = thin ( 9-42), easy to bend (low tension) and play, easier to break and buzz more, less tone
    Power Slinkies = fat (11-52) can be hard to bend, dont break as much and have good tone

I would say get Regular Slinkies = (10-46) (The yellow packet)
    best of both worlds

5. deathdr_87

i think ill try power slinkies?

6. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@death...i wud have gone 4 regular ...however, i think u r more into rhythm dats why u r goin 4 power?

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Me lead, and super slinkies suit me perfect.

8. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Exactly, rhythm players should get regulars or power (or even fatter than those), while its super is better for lead guitarist as its easier to bend and you can lower the action (more than fatter strings) to make your guitar play faster.

I use super slinkies on my tele and regulars (but now its GHS Boomers) on my strat

9. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Sorry if its off topic but what guitar do u play deathdr_87?

10. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

He plays an Ibanez RG370DX just like me. (I've got a black one, he has blue)

@deathdr_87: If it helps, I just bought new Ernie Ball Super Slinkies for my 370.

11. fictional_real

ibanez rg series..r real beauty. hang on death87 an dmf....another one gonna in igt gonna hv ibanez rg ;)

12. deathdr_87

ya that seems to make snes- its much easier to play .9s... but somehow the sustain on .10s and the toneon them is awesome - iwas just listening - the difference is so clear!!! - i know its harder to play and all... but i guess ill have to make a choice - hard one - buying regular slinkies tom.... not taking a risk trying power slinkies.... - i need the speed for megadeth and slayer!!!

thanks!

13. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Good choice, 10s are always like the starting point :p:

14. fictional_real

jayanth has dean i think....try to contact him. he has a good gear knowlegde.