new strings

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by deathdr_87, Jan 6, 2005.

?

which strings?

1. Dean Markeleys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fenders

7.7%
  3. Ernie Balls

92.3%
  1. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

which strings should i get for my ibanez (the rg370)... im looking for .9s only.... and not costing me more than rs 500. and pls dont suggest diadario strings coz i know i cant afford the good ones (rs. 650+)

1. Ernie Ball super slinkies
    2. Dean Markeley nickelsteel electrics
    3. Fender strings

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

D'addarios cost around Rs.350 in Chennai. In case you have someone there, you can get it through them.

3. tejas

tejas ..........

Go for Super Slinkies. Always great.

4. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Yeah, i use super slinkies on my tele and they are great, but Dean markley is ok too.

5. shak

shak Harrr!

"not even slinkies" if you are into metal and rock...i always use them.. gibson britewires are also good!!

6. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

you can go for either one of them

# Ernie Ball super slinkies
    # Dean Markeley nickelsteel electrics

7. deathdr_87

@shahrukh - i didnt like the gibsons much - wat particularly is wrong wid ernire alls...

@ronnie - ya there are some diadario strings avaialbe for 350 - but the nice ones cost 650

i somehow liked the tone of the fender strings im using right now - but can ull lsit out wat ull prefer of each string set -as in touch, tone and durability... just in your opinion

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Ernie Ball Super Slinkies:) Amazing strings.

9. shak

shak Harrr!

sorry...don't understand what you mean there...

10. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i would buy ernie ball strings if i had an ibanez.

11. deathdr_87

@shahrukh: wat is wrong in particular wid ernie ball strings?

12. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

You should also try out GHS Boomers if they are over there, i just put them on my strat and they are reaaaaly good, better than ernie ball IMO

13. shak

shak Harrr!

nothing is wrong with ernie ball strings :confused: ...oh i get it, you mean when i say "Not even slinkies" do you???...LOL!!!......no dude i dont mean that slinkies are bad "Not even slinkies" is the brand name for the ernie ball strings!! just like you have "super slinkies" or "power slinkies"

14. deathdr_87

@ shahrukh - sorry for my ignorance - that was very very silly of me

@h4: wat are tthose - never heard of dem - wat price, and hows the tone, durability and touch compare to ernie balls

15. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

wat do u mean by slinky strings ???

16. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Well i cant tell you the price as i live in Spain, but i can tell you they sound less "metallic" than EB when they are new and they last a long long time. They feel abit heavier than ernie balls but they are nice and smooth with a great tone.
    They are making me play my strat more than my tele!

17. deathdr_87

hm... yes sounds good - i think ill see if theyre available....

@zohaib: slinkies are strings made by ernie ball

18. deathdr_87

@zohaib: umm.. its nice that you're exercising your right to free speech and promoting democracy by voting but next time please vote after amking an informed choice! u jsut asked wat slinkies were and still voted for dem!!!

19. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

coz heard about them

20. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@death...i hv heard too reviews on ernie balls....i guess dats the best one.