1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Hello all. I was just jamming to a three chord progression and it turned out sounding good so i recorded it for fun. Its basicaly just the second take recording so is'nt well planned out or anything so dont be cruel. I was just testing my new Digitech Bad Monkey to see what sounds it can get. I sent my guitar through a Boss DS-1 to the bad monkey to the computer for direct recording. The backing chords is the Bad Monkey with the DS-1 bypassed and for the lead i used the Ds-1 to boost the bad monkey ( not too much gain..... just as a boost). So check it out and let me know if you enjoy it.

Here it is titled Love Love Love
    https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=433847

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Nice. The biggest problem I can see is something rather vague and something I hate trying to explain since it makes me feel like an elitist.

The time factor. In the words of my guitar teacher, you're certainly ON time but are you IN time? The rythm of your melodies gets predictable and at times you have some beautiful melodies going which would really be "there" if you got the flow right....as of now, your flow is choppy and uni-dimensional at places yet at others you've got a Satriani-esque feel to your melodies(take it as you will). You definitely get a lot better towards the ending minute of the recording.

You should also consider letting some beats go by....especially at those high notes where you're resolving.

Not related....out of curiousity, are you the guy who used to be Jayanth?

I loved your tone and the melodies you created. Keep your recordings coming.

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Thanks for your comments. I'll work on it. I still have a lot of work to do regarding music theory. I play scales and chords which sound good and all but i dont know how they relate, i just go by the feel. Regarding the uni-dimensional aspect, that was actually intentional....i did'nt want want to try to make it complicated the meaning of the song would have gone if i'd made it compliated and Thanks for the advice.
    I'm working on another song so i'll post it maybe tomorrow. hope to hear more comments.
    BTW i'm not Jayanth. This guy's got some reputation.