New Pakistani Band: Call - Weird...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by pnainani03, May 30, 2006.

1. pnainani03

pnainani03 Request and I'll tab

Whats with this band? Nice guitaring, nice voice. Whats with the accent though? I couldn't stop laughing when I first heard 'Sab Bhula Kai'. The guy says 'Mujhko' but it sounds like 'Moo Juh Kho (with a silent j)'. He says 'Namee' and it sounds like 'Nah me'...And I also believe they've got good songs but a waste of talents (fantastic voice, weird accent. Nice songs, copy of Jal though), as it feels like they're wannabes of Jal. Please give your opinion on this. Whats sad is, I'm hooked onto the song, very good song and amazing vocals...

Paras N.

2. stalker

stalker Banned

Teh suck.

3. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Dude ur the funniest guy on this site... I give u that. Dude wannabe of Jal?? Jal is literally living today bcoz of Xulfi, and u say wannabe of Jal?? When Atif left Jal, Jal wud've been dead if Xulfi hadn't helped Goher to get through vocals & composition. Also Goher learned guitaing form Xulfi himself. Any yeah its a great band. Good vocals, accent is sometimes off, when Junaid tries hard to avoid nasal tones. Guitaring is good, good to see someone trying different tunings here in Pk. Keep up and dont talk abt the stuff u dont know much about.

4. new pakistani band? its old now

5. pnainani03

fair enough...

Hey man theres no need to get pissed off. I did say their songs were fab...and the voice is amazing. The accent is all im confused about...

Paras N.

6. Priyank_Jal_fan

Priyank_Jal_fan ..:[Snip]:..

he he he ..... :p: which planet r u from??? CALL is a very famous pakistani Rock band... its not new.... they've been around for about 4-5 yrs. now...

7. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

So what do u suggest? the vocalist should learn proper accent then sing?

I think its more of a 'style' than a 'limitation'

Im not of fan of call anyways..... but I still wonder why did u ponder? :think:

8. pnainani03

ahhah i guess im just WAY behind XD...

Paras N.

9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Call is new:RollLol::p:

theyre a great band. and yes their words are SUMTIMES unclear.

10. limaj_daas

limaj_daas Guitar Pro Maniac

Actually, Junaid the vocalist, has a rather low voice if u haven't noticed. So it's kinda hard to sing at a high scale. And that's where i think the "accent" came from. Btw, i didn't have much trouble understanding wut he said. It wuz just all plain urdu to me...

11. Nik_six_stringz

Nik_six_stringz New Member

:shock:

Yeah! call have been there for quite sometime now!! NOt a new band MAN!!

12. Nik_six_stringz

Nik_six_stringz New Member

When i Heard the song SAB BHULA KE ! it wasnt too impressive , n accent wasnt da best either!!

Then i thought so 2 - they suck!

But when i heard there song SHAAYAD! Its a really rokin song!
    -I have started likin them as a band!

Its a decent enough Band( though i am not any big fan of them )

13. RoMeO_Gguru

RoMeO_Gguru .::idiotic crybaby::.

hey buddy wot the hell made feel they r wannabees jal u noe who the guitarist is ???? it's xulfi......even 10 Goher at a time cannot match his skills...
    in simpler words "XULFI GOHER KA BAAPPP HAI" :) next thing call is a 4-5 yr old band has turned mainstream from underground....n JUNAID ROCKSSSS....
    okie now the accent partt.....wot does FARHAN sing in AADAT...

NAAZAANAY KABSE....:) so JUNAID IS FAIR ENUFF WID RESPECT TO THT....

okie...if u think call is tht bad a band juss try n play the BICHAR KAY BHI arrpegio...or SAB BHULA KAY arrpegio...:)

u'll swet ur asss out buddy....;)

14. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@romeo guru

not wanting to hurt anyone's sentiment, the lead guitarist being good doesnt necessarily mean the band's good. also, hard to play arpeggios dont mean the songs are good either. i dont understand ur point.

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

true...I never liked Dreamtheater.

@thread....If they are like Jal then they must suck.

16. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

NEW?!!!! :RollLol:

17. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

well the band's only OK.....most of the sound seams to be borrowed form EP...thaks 2 xulfi for that....BUT think the singer impersinates CREE

18. pnainani03

lol...(since i couldnt enter that as a message as it was too short, i have to type this up too).

19. stalker

stalker Banned

Who cares if they are new or old? He said its new and everyone's laughing?
    Its new for people in India, so yes its new. Still laughing? Hope you choke

20. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

:annoyed:

ANYWAY... so u guys talking about call... i honestly have no idea if u guys r in favour or against of this band but heres wat i think... i think this band is one of the leading bands of pakistan and is the SECOND actual ROCK band of pakistan! these guys have amazing vocals to the RULING GUITARIST= xulfi (one of the TOP guitarists of PAKSITAN these days) to the awesome drummer! offcourse the dude on the bass rocks too!!!!!!! :rock: i just luv their style and i think they have a LOT of potential... still have a LONG way to go! yea their is one thing about producing ROCK music... they only have a LIMITED fan following... meaning... kay ONLY rock lovers appreciate their stuff but chalo they r AWESOME!!!!!! :)

rest ma case :cool: