New Original Comp - In the Wake

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by mymusicmyguitar, Mar 8, 2012.

1. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Check out my another original. This ones called "In the Wake" :-

In the wake by mymusicmyguitar on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Any tips and points to keep in mind while doing multilayer recording would really be helpful..

Other Originals:-

Joy:-
    Joy by mymusicmyguitar on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Video - Yet to record a rhythm for this one..
    Revised version - YouTube

Wave Of Transience:-
    Wave Of Transience by mymusicmyguitar on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

horsesmouth likes this.
  2. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

THe playing is good, and music has the kinda careless feel to it, wants you to get loose on it. Is the solo guitar muted? I dunno much about that. Nice composition. Still, it sounds incomplete and slightly monotonous without lyrics. As for the recording quality, I'd kill to own such a setup. In all good. Do you have lyrics for it? I even thought of some lyrics that would go with the rhythm and mood of it, if you'd like. Reps !

3. mymusicmyguitar

Hey thanks for listening and thx for the comments...

Yeah..the rhythm gets monotonous coz i have kinda followed the same pattern throughout.. And its messing wth the solo parts in between definitey will change it a bit with little bit variations and pauses on the strumming side...

Nope no lyrics....I love to create instrumentals..Thats kind of a challenge to keep the listener engaged with the theme of the song..still struggling and one day will definitely get to that level.. :p

Yeah feel free to add lyrics and experiment with it else u can share it with me...Though i suck badly with the lyrics part
    Chord progression is

A E * 8 times - 8 beats each
    Bm C#m * 2 - same
    A E * 2- same
    F#m Bm C#m E * 2 - 4 beats each
    A E * 2 - 8 beats each

All these at the tempo of 90

Regarding the solo guitar i am still struggling to find a proper patch on the software...Damn the patch i have used takes away the feel of the song..

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I liked it...it's quite catchy and makes me want to play it too! I think your melody is too soft...have you thought up the tune before or are you improvising? you've got some really nice licks in it. In some places though, it seemed like you were very conscious of the chord change and the flow from one chord to another was abrupt.

Is the guitar a little out of tune? It seems so to me and that is a little distracting. Good job though.

5. mymusicmyguitar

I just had the first melody riff in mind. Rest all came from just fooling around with that melody...

I improvised only at one place(a short run) in between coz i forgot the part while playing :p

I am not sure why and where is it sounding off tune .. i did get the same review from others.. Wil check it out..

6. wylder

wylder Member

Dude, how do you tune your guitar? Do you use a tuner or just by ear?

If its by ear, you'll need tune it with respect to a keyboard or a pitch pipe. Otherwise a slight difference in tuning between two strings will snowball as you tune the next using the off-tune one as reference and so on...

7. mymusicmyguitar

Ohh yes i usually tune it by ears...And i just have the 6th E string Standard mp3 beep tone with me which i use as reference for tuning

What i noticed was that slight pressure change on the bridge changes the tuning temporarily..

8. wylder

wylder Member

Welcome to the perilous world of Floyd Roses then...

The floating bridge is balanced against a set of springs at the back of your guitar. When you tune up a string, the tension on that string increases making the strings pull the bridge up. As this happens, all the other strings drop in tuning. So if you try to tune the other strings with reference to your first string after standard tuning, you'll end up with something like a 20% flat tuning.

Just think of it as when you tune any string 1 note up, the other 5 are going 20% of 1 note down each to compensate. For now, you are better off getting a tuner. With experience you will get good at tuning a FR though.

9. mymusicmyguitar

Ohh yes i am completely aware of that...

But i have already blocked the bridge underneath...Coz it was really a PITA to tune it.

But i have not blocked from both the sides..Just one side is blocked... thus when i put pressure on the bridge it tends to go down since its not blocked while going down...I think i will block it from both ways..

10. wylder

wylder Member

Please be careful cause loading the bridge unequally can grind the knife edge too. That will cause tuning instability while using the bridge later on. Either get a Tremol-No or something or if you are using a wood block, get one that fills the entire cavity. I would suggest better still that you sell off that guitar (to me) or store it away and get another fixed bridge S series guitar till you feel the urge to dive bomb/become Steve Vai.

The Original Edge/Lo-Pro Edge bridge on your guitar is amongst the best floating tremolo systems ever in a production guitar. In fact, guys like Joe Sat and Steve Vai still use Original Edges though Ibanez tried to coax them into using the Edge Pro line that is being sold in their artist models. RATM's Tom Morello actually uses an Original Edge bridge on his modified Strat. Also, it goes without saying that getting a used Original Edge/Lo-Pro guitar is tough too.

11. mymusicmyguitar

Ohh i am sure the bridge is fantastic..It was a PITA to tune it but once tuned it wud last for ever....

Lol...Yeah i have blocked it with a piece of wood...So i guess the bridge will just remain fine...

Tremol No is damn costly man...around 4 - 5K....Thats a lot considering the fact that a small piece of wood blocks that for u.....
    But yet i will check about tremol no...I have not bought any stuff since a long time... :p