New Learner / no Music back ground

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yogia, Dec 3, 2011.

1. yogia

yogia New Member

Hi ALL,

I am an Indian citizen working in Durban, South Africa and I am 38.
    I had a wish to learn music long back when I was in college but could not make it due to time constraints.

Now after growing up in career, I do have a lot of personal time and want to make my dreams a reality.
    Is it too late to start music again?

If not can you please advise the best way to start from the beginning.

I am very happy to get in touch with the enthusiastic music loving people at indianguitartabs.

Regards,
    YOGI

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

;(...my sir is 65+ he is still playin...

3. Vader

Vader New Member

Its never to late for music

MU$IC = LIF£

4. dshiznetz

dshiznetz New Member

Since u have time..maybe u should first fix what u wanna learn first...since u chose this site...i guess guitar...well there is no constraint for playing or learning music...commitment and personal intrst is important...anything u want help with in guitar...ill be there to help ya..other will help ya too..xD

5. colonel_kurtz

colonel_kurtz New Member

Hi Yogi,

Probably you may be evaluating your situation and wondering its been too late to learn music. We i call tel you one thing for sure ... learning music is not like giving an exam ... where u have to compete amongst many others to prove better than them ...

It is more like learning to for your own satisfaction .. and there will be no competition because there is no one else but you to judge yourself ...

so take it easy and start towards it ... even if you don't have knowledge about music ... try to develop a feel for music .. listen deep, even your popular songs .. try listening to new songs and see if you like them ...

dont just like or dislike a song ... have a reason to like it or dislike it .. and simultaneously build on learning an instrument .. i believe it would be guitar for you since uve posted on this forum ...

all the best on ur voyage !!!!